Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Carbon Covert
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

$2500

Ow. A thousand quid more than the alloy? Hard to justify when the alloy rides so well.

29er Carbon El Guapo? Why not carbon and normal wheels for the less niche?

brant
    Free Member

29er Carbon El Guapo? Why not carbon and normal wheels for the less niche?

because I want one 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ow. A thousand quid more than the alloy? Hard to justify when the alloy rides so well.

The alloy Covert retail price is closer to $2250 equivalent – so $2500 would mean it’s just $250 more

honourablegeorge

jambalaya – Member

The alloy Covert retail price is closer to $2250 equivalent – so $2500
    would mean it’s just $250 more

Not how it tends to work.

$1500 = £1500

$2500 = £2500

honourablegeorge

brant – Member

I know the factory. They are great.

If you’re passing through it, and happen to be carrying a large bag, do let me know.

toons
    Free Member

Btw the $2500 was just a guess

jambalaya
    Free Member

@nols – like done, strictly it’s an owners group though and I’m not one ….

honourablegeorge

toons – Member

Btw the $2500 was just a guess

Will be interesting to see – I’d be hoping for closer to a £500 premium on the alloy bike (still not cheap…) but fear you might be right.

honourablegeorge

Hmm… 18Bikes reckon it’s going to be January before they’re available. BOOO.

nols
    Free Member

@jambalaya well, if you’re a fan of the brand you’re more than welcome.

We’ll be doing some Tr.OG members only deals and stuff soon. It’s still early days for the facebook group, but we’re being supported by Surf-Sales. It all came off the back of the recent uplift at FOD. Thought it would be a good place to get everyone together to share info etc. I’m currently building an ali covert and the plan is to keep a diary of sorts for the various models. As soon as we have a discount scheme set up info will go up on the site. Currently trying to get the next uplift sorted.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@nols – all good. I test rode a Covert and by the time I dallied about whether to buy the demo frame they’d sold it.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

alloy chainstay? FALE

khani
    Free Member

alloy chainstay? FALE

FALE.. Fail… 😀

bwaarp
    Free Member

I know the factory. They are great.
    I’d better crack on with the El Guapo carbon. Though ours will have bigger wheels

No no no no Brant.

What we want is a 6.5lb carbon bike with the exact same geometry as the Nukeproof Mega and possibly a true four-bar setup.

Or a 6.5lb 650B Mega with VERY similar geometry, if you really must hop on the bigger wheel bandwagon.

Pwreddy prwease?

tamedearth
    Free Member

We are taking pre-orders for the first batch of mediums but they are going quick!
    http://www.tamedearth.com/product/transition-covert-carbon/

any questions please do get in touch.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Or a 6.5lb 650B Mega with VERY similar geometry, if you really must hop on the bigger wheel bandwagon.

Yusss!

FuzzyWuzzy

Crikey, £2400 frame only and Xmas delivery, nice bike but I think I’ll let someone else have the opportunity…

honourablegeorge

£1000 premium over the aluminium? Nasty.

honourablegeorge

tamedearth – Member
    We are taking pre-orders for the first batch of mediums but they are going quick!
    http://www.tamedearth.com/product/transition-covert-carbon/

any questions please do get in touch.

Is that an official price? Seems massively expensive – £1015 more than the aluminium version?

Even Santa Cruz only put a £750 premium on their Carbon frame,s and that’s before you even consider the whole sterling/dollar situation.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

mm would want a try before I buy demo

tamedearth
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Is that an official price?

yep that’s the official retail price… makes the ‘standard’ Covert seem even more of a bargain I guess 😉

Pawsy_Bear – mm would want a try before I buy demo

we will be getting a demo bike asap.

jambalaya
    Free Member

$2500 = £2500

@honourablegeorge
    how right your were !

Sorry but that’s a ridiculous price, never mind the funny launch video

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks 2400 is a bit much. 2k is a reasonable markup. i love my Covert and want tr to go from strength to strength but SC and yeti can charge more as they’re still a more desirable brand.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

found your web site, looks good

ti456neal
    Free Member

I have an alloy 2011 covert and I flipping love it. As gorgeous as the carbon one is, I don’t think I could justify selling vital organs for it, especially as mine was an ex demo frame at a ridiculous can’t-say-no price!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Ti456 – did you buy the frame from Nirvana, I test rode it and loved the bike ? I spent a bit too long thinking about it and by the time I went back it had gone. Doh !

tamedearth
    Free Member

@jambalaya – it is worth noting that US prices don’t include local taxes to the buyer. still… i hear what you are saying!

The ‘standard’ Covert is still an amazing bike and not to be underestimated just because there is now a carbon version.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@tamed – yes I’m aware of the no taxes, but the fact is if you buy mail order in the US from out of state you don’t pay any tax.

I was in Nirvana Cycles yesterday and we speculated the Carbon Covert would be £2000. I’ll be getting a Ali one next year funds permitting, just kicking myself I let the ex demo get bought by someone else, it was £650 with Hope BB and Headset.

honourablegeorge

tamedearth – Member

@jambalaya
    – it is worth noting that US prices don’t include local taxes to the buyer. still… i hear what you are saying!

$2500 is £1616 – Sales tax is about 7%, not 50% – there’s no justification for the pricing over her (not just Transition, this applies to all the US brands)

Bit disappointed with this – liked all the geometry, the shock size is spot on for my Vip’r, bike looks great – but for the pretty much the same money, the Nomad Carbon is three quarters of a pound lighter.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

£2400 is a joke unforuntately – it’s not even a fully carbon bike ffs – no way a carbon front end should add £1k to the frame price over the alloy version. If I was in the market for that type of bike I’d spend an extra £100 and get a NomadC – 3/4 lb lighter and VPP2 is betterer than the shock actuated single pivot rear end on the Covert anyway… 😉

tamedearth
    Free Member

@ bennyboy1 – it is only the chainstay’s and rocker that aren’t carbon. not the whole rear triangle. on the published figures of both frames it is 222g (just under half a pound) ‘heavier’ than a Nomad C. That will almost certainly pretty much all be in the carbon rocker on the Nomad. As for the suspension ride feel of the two systems I have owned both nomad versions (non carbon) before i was involved in selling any bikes… i can ‘hand of heart’ say that i prefer the ride feel of the Covert (alu). IMHO. Of course you also get the added benefit of having less bearings to replace.

As for sales tax and UK vs US pricing, that’s not one we are ever likely to get a break on. unfortunately.

tamedearth
    Free Member

sorry – double posted. oops.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

TBH I dont think a few grams make much difference its how a bike rides thats important. I dont notice the reverb given how the added improvement

tamedearth
    Free Member

@Pawsy_Bear – agreed.

honourablegeorge

@tamedearth – will you be doing anything to ease the pain? If I was to order one from you, would there be a headset & BB Adapter thrown in, for example? 🙂

tamedearth
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member

@tamedearth
    – will you be doing anything to ease the pain? If I was to order one from you, would there be a headset & BB Adapter thrown in, for example?

more than happy to talk. call me. 😉

honourablegeorge

tamedearth – Member

more than happy to talk. call me.

🙂 Let me mull it over for a bit*

Would need a large, so won’t be an immediate decision.

*ask the wife

bennyboy1
    Free Member

tamedearth – was being rather tongue in cheek earlier, I agree with posts above, I’m sure it would be pretty tricky to notice any real difference between a 222g frame weight difference although its always nice to lose some grammes if poss! 🙂

tamedearth
    Free Member

bennyboy1 – …although its always nice to lose some grammes if poss!

…that’s what i keep telling myself. one or two less pies should do it. 😆

nols
    Free Member

To be completely honest the whole ‘Santa Cruz can charge more’ concept is one I dont really get… Yep they make nice bikes, (I had a Bullet as my first Alps bike) but they’re also making far greater numbers and have a bigger market share. Transition are a far smaller company with much lower operating profits.

Carbon bikes are in a rarified atmosphere, and lets face it, if you’re spending over 2k on a frame for an All MTN bike then a couple of hundred quid here and there isn’t going to make a big deal to you. Ultimately you’re going to be buying the one you want. Chances are you’ll be putting a £900 fork on the front of it – so its all relative.

Saying that though, I just read that Spesh’s new carbon s-works Demo is going to be over £10,000 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Covert’ is closed to new replies.