Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Carbon Covert
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

Hubba hubba.

More details here.

neil853
    Free Member

very very nice

neil853
    Free Member

very very nice

hexhamstu
    Free Member

I’ve been looking forward to this since they let slip it was in the pipeline. Looks lovely! but no routing for an uppy downy seatpost? In the video two cable ties can be seen holding the cable to the toptube.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Looks really good in black, thought it might have come in a bit lighter though.

There is a whole host of carbon AM bikes knocking around at just under 7lbs, but very little other than the Nomad Carbon at 6 & under.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

….well thats me sold then. I’ll take 2, one in the lime with an rp23 and one in black with the RC4.

steezysix
    Free Member

I’m particularly excited about this new technology:

thered

Oooooh, nice

godzilla
    Free Member

Did they ever get the bikes back they had pinched not long ago?

deanfbm
    Free Member

my next bike i reckon.

Stevelol
    Free Member

The black one looks amazing. I am suprised that they haven’t left tabs for a normal adjustable seatpost though? Unless there’s some on the left hand side. As an alu covert owner I doubt I’ll sell/upgrade as the current bike is ace, but it’ll be cool if we start seeing my Transitions out on the trail in this country.

jambalaya
    Free Member

After I test rode the Alu one and missed it when the demo sold to someone else who moved quicker than me the LBS did mention the impending launch of this model.

steezysix
    Free Member

Given the internal cable routing shown in the pictures, I wonder if they’ll go down the “stealth” route for a dropper post cable?

Edit: that’d be a yes then!

neilforrow

Has routing for a stealth reverb

also, did they ever find the knicked one???

AlexSimon

Exactly 1 pound lighter than the Aluminium version. Seems to be a target for many carbon copies (geddit).

I’d like to ride one. Black looks boring 🙂

nols
    Free Member

nicked one never turned up… likely that it was binned and all the kit taken off and sold.
    I was lucky enough to ride it the day before up at HS and it was pretty sweet. I also got to see it being ridden to the limit by Kyle. Having seen what he was prepared to do on it, I’d have no qualms at all about having one as my ‘almost everything’ bike.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Pity there is no pricing yet. That’ll be the biggest sticking point over the alloy.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh. My.

That looks lovely.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 want now

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

This was going to be my next bike after seeing the stolen bikes pics, I own a covert at the moment.

But I can definitely see welds in that rear triangle, I’m not going to buy one only for them to release a full carbon one a year later.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Only the chainstays are alu, the rest is carbon.

Vortexracing

Very Nice.

I wonder when the Carbon Bandit will be out, now that i would like to see, especially in that nice green colour

honourablegeorge

Much as I like the Covert, and Transition, I wouldn’t buy any company’s first caebon bike. Not for a little while.

messiah
    Free Member

Much as I like the Covert, and Transition, I wouldn’t buy any company’s first caebon bike. Not for a little while.

Probably made in the same factory and designed by the same experts as more established carbon frames… I wouldn’t let that put you off.

grum
    Free Member

WANT.

What do we reckon as a ballpark figure for the price?

honourablegeorge

messiah – Member

Probably made in the same factory and designed by the same experts as more established carbon frames… I wouldn’t let that put you off.

Probably – I’d still let someone else do the making sure, though.

toons
    Free Member

$2500

honourablegeorge

Hmm. Having read the specs – I have a worrisome feeling that this is going to be my next bike after all. Every part I have on my Spicy will fit it, bar needing a new lower headset cup, and a new BB.

jedi

it rides nice 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks very like the SB66…

ska-49
    Free Member

Press Fit 30 BB 🙁

honourablegeorge

So it was YOU that stole that missing one, eh?

I had a demo on the original, really liked, it, but the deal my LBS did on the Spicy swung it for me, plus the slightly longer travel & longer shock that the carbon version now has. Dammit. I think I’m at decision made here already.

honourablegeorge

Teetosugars – Member

Looks very like the SB66…

Yeah, but cleaner, prettier, simpler, doesn’t have the rear tyre hitting the seat tube problem, and is designed for abuse, not as a trail bike.

honourablegeorge

The way the seatstays curve around above the rocker is very El Guapo.

stewartc
    Free Member

I think this will replace my TRc early next year as I am looking for more travel and also need a good climber, just need to stay in a job for another 6 months

ask1974
    Free Member

Now that is gorgeous… Rode the alloy and almost bought one, narrowly losing out to a Five. Thank god, I’d be fairly upset as that is highly desirable.

A nice ‘next bike’ target 🙂

brant
    Free Member

I know the factory. They are great.
    I’d better crack on with the El Guapo carbon. Though ours will have bigger wheels 🙂

nols
    Free Member

If you have any worries about the build quality then don’t. Kyle was riding it at HS and hung a landing from a 12 foot drop. Cased the rear wheel and destroyed the rim. Frame was perfect, not a mark on it.

OK so from what I’ve heard there has obviously been a lot of interest Worldwide in the frame so we’re going to be putting a email link on the Transition UK owners group on Facebook for anyone that’s interested in getting one. Simply go on there and ‘like’ the page and we’ll keep you updated with whats going on.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tr.OG.UK

Rorschach
    Free Member

El Guapo-29er-carbon……WOOOOOOOOOOOOP
    Now stop drinking tea and pull your bloomin finger out!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Carbon Covert’ is closed to new replies.