Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Carbon 456 – someone stop me
  • andyl
    Free Member

Oscillate Wildly – Member
    shame they dont do it in the ‘whippet’ colours, that looks really sweet, and majorly expensive!

not sure if this will work but: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=193028770717323&set=a.162167857136748.32730.151466374873563

456 in whippet colours.

ken_shields
    Free Member

where are the £299 ones on the On One site?

wwaswas

I think you’d need to phone or look on Facebook ken.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Thanks

Best I call them then as I don’t do Facebook

andyl
    Free Member

Ken, from FB: paint seconds 16/18/20″ frames with choice of colour decal with either vertical or horizontal swapouts for £299.99 2 year warranty free UK delivery email me at ben dot ononebikes at gmail dot com

hora
    Free Member

That’s 300+the headset cost or for 400 you can have a non-seconds, bars, headset and grips etc..

andyl
    Free Member

yeah there is the mix and match bundle. I wish I hadn’t pre-ordered as I missed out on headset and bars. They have put their prices up recently as the headset used to be £40 and is now £45 with “10% off” and the swap outs used to be a very reasonable £9.99 each but they are now £15 each which IMO is too much as it’s £30 for both you need to convert to SS.

You can get a lighter headset from Superstar for £40 but if interested in a 16″ I would possibly go for the On One headset until the tapered fork issue is sorted as any solution might be based around that.

chakaping
    Free Member

The selection of bars in the mix-and-match bundle was worse than hopeless when I got mine btw.

Just got in from another ride on it. Really do love this bike!

hora
    Free Member

Andyl, confused. What if you are running purely 1 1/8 forks on a 16″?

twotonpredator

i have to admit to being tempted by these on more than one occasion. getting the front end up on the steel 456 wasn’t easy though due to the long top tube perhaps. and that was running a 16″ with a 50mm stem

if i bought one the ‘spare’ magura wotans i’d be fitting to it wouldn’t help. they weigh nearly twice as much as the frame!

andyl
    Free Member

Hora – running a normal 1 1/8th steerer is fine on the 16″ but be prepared for 50mm of spacers if you have a 200mm steerer tube!

BigBoyXC
    Free Member

[quote]PeterPoddy – Member

Mine is still THE BEST looking C456 around though…[/quote]

Would beg to differ mate…………..

Still looks like this a month on, ridden 4 short rides due to nasty foot injury, gutted. Maybe in for surgery and a long lay off so could be for sale…….. gutted.

mountainman123
    Free Member

trully brill, i treat mine like shit, 4 to 5 foot drop off. huge jumps and cane it down rock gardens using a Fox 36 RC2 FIT fork up front, i have come off it and watched it tummble down hill sides clang down huge rocks. dropped it off a bridge into a river once, totally bombproof, the one that was tested passed the new CEN tests with flying colours, get one and dont worry about it breaking because if you do they will replace it for half price for ever, and you get a 2year warranty with it

mountainman123
    Free Member

HORO… exactly that was my thoughts, buy a seconds for £300 then buy the headset £50.. Or buy the bundle and sell the bars and grips for a combined amount of £20 on fleabay, so a brand new frame and headset costs £380, well worth buying a new one in the bundle.
    Just wish they had kept the dull raw carbon going because i may just have gone for that one. mind you more choices could be a bad idea and the red and black one was well out of the question as it reminds me of a shitealized s-works

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Would beg to differ mate

With that colour clash? Nahh. I think not!
    😉
    😛

Get rid of the white forks and those nasty stripy tyres and it’d look ace with that green on black though.
    I held off buying new forks for mine purely because I couldn’t find the right ones in black. 🙂

robbo1234biking

Does anyone know if there is a weight limit on the C456? Cheers

andyl
    Free Member

@mountainman123: you mean this matte raw UD carbon one? 😀

Pic taken shortly before it encouraged me to do a very steep and rocky decent i wouldnt ever have done on my Merlin which went well until I stacked it in a rut and cracked a rib hitting the poploc remote!

Robbo – weight limit – no idea. Not sure there is one tbh. I am about 14 1/2 stone and I am not worried in the slightest.

Ps yes the dog is knackered in that picture, and the saddle has slipped and the chainstay protector is temporary.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm.. could you buy a raw frame and then paint it up yourself?

andyl
    Free Member

I’m sure you could request an unpainted one. Would have to be careful what paint you use – like with motorbike/car helmets.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

They did say that you could do custom paint jobs, but I’m not sure if anything ever came of it. I had an awesome design in my head, but it was going to take too long.

robbo1234biking

Hmmmm Im very tempted to get one.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Carbon 456 – someone stop me’ is closed to new replies.