Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Car/bike Insurance – is it worth waiting for..
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

I need to renew my bike insurance. the car is next month but is it worth waiting for the 5 year period to end so that when they ask if ive had any points in the last 5 years question, i can say no? Its a matter of days at the crossover point if you follow me.

I dont know how much it could save moneywise. anyone know how much this can affect the cost of insurance?

martinxyz
    Free Member

bump

amplebrew

If you don’t need to use your bike and it’s parked off the road and somewhere secure, I suppose it can’t do any harm to wait a few days.

You get 3 years before you loose your NCB.

martinxyz
    Free Member

well thats it sorted. i went to mcncompare dot com and they couldnt come up with a better quote. i called the guys i am currently using and they came down from £189 to £162 ish. i mentioned that its been over 5 years since i had points on my licence and that the bike was worth a grand less than when i bought it.

she said the value wouldnt change things much but she still managed to knock it down to £160.

aquote is the company. they even search around nearer the time of renewal to find better deals for you.. then post them to you in the mail.all you have to do is check to see that they offer all you need and its done. no messing about calling so many insurers. They even end up cheaper than price comparison sites.

so from £495 when i passed.. to £380ish, down to £160 fully comp in 2 years.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Car/bike Insurance – is it worth waiting for..’ is closed to new replies.