Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Caravan, microwave oven replacement.
  • supertramp
    Free Member

As some of you may know, I live in a caravan. I have a built in microwave oven that I just don’t use much at all. I am thinking of replacing it with one of these.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/logik-l20cs11-combination-microwave-07677857-pdt.html

The reason? to take full advantage of the overpriced electricity supply on most sites and save gas.

Does anyone have any experience of cooking with one of these?

spooky_b329

How many amps does your hookup supply? If only 5amp then it will trip the supply, if its 10 amps you may be OK. The oven says 1350watts but that is its output, the input will be quite a bit higher so you’d be good to check the label before buying. A 10 amp supply (at 230v) is approx 2300 watts.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

We have one at home, bought as a replacement foe a boggo microwave for the kitchen. Never used the grill function, always seemed too much of a faff IMHO. We bought ours from Aldi, it was about £40, but they don’t have them constantly in stock.

supertramp
    Free Member

SPooky – it depends where I am, I have been on a 10 amp supply but I am regularly on amp supply and sometimes as low a 6 amps. I am not to worried about this though as on a six amp supply it would still work as just a microwave and I would have to cook on gas – I’m just not much of a cook and worry that it will be a waste of money.

supertramp
    Free Member

Aren’t the Aldi ones just an oven and grill, and not a microwave as well?

I am stuck with a limited choice as it has to fit in the gap left by the microwave.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Caravan, microwave oven replacement.’ is closed to new replies.