Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Car window stuck closed
  • cakefest
    Free Member

The window on my 5yr old's side of our Toyota Corolla hasn't been opened for a long time, and it's stuck. the handle won't turn, and it just won't budge. anyone got any ideas on what i can do to persuade it to open?

cynic-al
    Free Member

tried checking it's not just the seals?

Bat1
    Free Member

will the winder move…or is it elec?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Push your palms against the glass on both sides of the glass (door open of course) and try to move the glass around to break the seal – might help if someone gently weights the handle so when the seal breaks it opens.

You ARE turning the handle the right way aren't you? 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

cakefest
    Free Member

yeah, course i'm turning the winder the right way. will try to pry open the seals with something sharp-ish.

tron
    Free Member

If it's stuck to the seals, a palm on either side of the glass will get it moving again. Don't hack the seals up – they won't be cheap.

If that's not it, then the regulator's probably dead. Door card has to come off, put another one in, seal it all up properly again when you've done or water will get into the car. Normally they cost around £15, but you've got a Toyota, so it'll be more like £50.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Is it a three door?

wwaswas

if you think it's stuck tot he seals try opening up a coke can and sliding the metal around the glass under the seals.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Cakefest – is it a 3dr???

cakefest
    Free Member

seals were not stuck. gave the winder a whack with a lump hammer and it came free. now working smoothly, but will need frequent usage 'wind up, wind down, rowan-san. wind up, wind down.'

zaskar
    Free Member

Come off the rails?

Open door card have a look?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Car window stuck closed’ is closed to new replies.