Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Car Washing
  • wombat

What's the point in washing your car in winter?

The lad at the top of my road had washed and is now polishing his Ford Fiesta (not like it's anything particularly flash). Not so strange perhaps but he washed it at the weekend too and the weather's damp and the roads are blattery so it'll get mucky almost instantly.

If that's how he wants to spend a not particularly warm late afternoon in October that's up to him but I just don't get it.

Pook

it stops the crap from the roads corroding the car. That's what i always thought.

not that I ever clean mine like

😀

Huxley555
    Free Member

Hmm i can sort of see the point, what i tend to do is polish the car up with collinite 915 to get some good protection going so when the weather turns crappy all i have to do is wash the thing, usually duragloss 901, puts a small wax coat on the car and the stuff smells of cherries bonus!!!

But yes he is partially nuts, he's young i presume just leave him be he'll grow out of it as did i when i realised how much of a pain it was.

uplink
    Free Member

It stops it looking like it's been in a fire & it also prevents your clothes/hands getting dirty
    It keeps the glass & lights clean

saying that – I only do mine once a week at best

Terrydactyl

Who owns who?

Me thinks the car owns his very own human slave who must clean, clean clean.

wombat

It does look good once he's finished.

Mine's black and polishes up very nicely, this gets done once a year if it needs it or not. 8)

I do keep the glass, lights & inside tidy though

alexxx
    Free Member

I was my car when I get chance usually 1x a month but I do a good job, I find it quiet theraputic and rewarding. sad.. probobly.

Offroading
    Free Member

I do mine every few days to be honest. Then again i use the industrial steam cleaner i have at the garage so washing a car takes all of about 3 minutes to get it sparkling again. Washing in the winter is a must if you ask me, keep the salt from corroding the car and all that.

Maybe it's an age thing, im only 22 and have numerous girl friends so a clean car is a must i guess 😆 Plus i drive some nice cars and they just look better clean ❗

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Pride in your possessions, I guess.

I could get away without washing my bike quite a lot of the time, but I still do so, because I like to look after the things that I a) value and b) have spent a lot of hardearned cash on.

coffeeking
    Free Member

As above. I've washed one of my cars several times despite it being SORN'd for 2 years!

ourmaninthenorth

I only do mine once a week at best

I have our car washed (note, I don't do it myself) once a month at best, and valeted every 9 months or so.

It's far more time and cost effective to have someone else do it.

Same reason I engage a cleaner to do my house once a week.

But no-one except me gets to clean my bikes… 🙂

santacruzsi
    Free Member

i'm a geek and wash the car probably once a week. Keeps it clean and protects the paintwork and makes the glass easier to look out of in the sh**ty weather!

project
    Free Member

Wash the van at least every 10 days, as its a good impression on customers,a neighbour washes his car after every timme it rains.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Not only does washing the car protect the paint work a clean car is also more economical as well plus it looks nice and shiny.

simon_g

The joys of a metallic grey car – it never really looks that dirty. I get it cleaned every couple of months when the wheels go from silver to something close to the body colour.

thepurist

Wombat – p'raps the guy at the end of your road is into detailing his car. Good old sniffpetrol strikes again!

coffeeking
    Free Member

owenfackrell – Member

Not only does washing the car protect the paint work a clean car is also more economical as well plus it looks nice and shiny.

😀 measurable quantities only please 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

my car has been washed no more than three times since 2002… and there's moss on the window rubbers.

will
    Free Member

Try and clean mine once a week as i do love it when it;s nice and clean. However does annoy me when you clean it and then 2 days later it looks a mess!

alwyn
    Free Member

I washed Penelope every Sunday at 5pm without fail. Inside and out with a full wax and chrome polish. I would also do a small service, checking all oil levels, and greasing all her grease ports.

She looked lovely, drove well and wasn't a brown flaky pile by the end of the week.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Car Washing’ is closed to new replies.