• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by CHB.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Car leasing insurance question (LEX).
  • CHB

I have the option through work of taking a fully inclusive car through LEX Autolease. This includes service, insurance tax etc.
    One thought that just occurred to me is second drivers?
    Eg would partners or offspring normally be included on company car policies?

I know I could as LEX or our HR, but the STW hive mind is normally faster and more accurate.

Part of the reason for asking is that if the policies normally cover any named driver then that easily swings it towards me taking the car rather than continuing taking the cash.

CHB

Oh and before anyone says, the BIK is much less than £500 plus VAT.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yes any one in the world will be insuredto drive it

On the other hand speak to your work and ask them

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Pretty sure that your company’s HR will add your partner’s name to the list of allowed drivers. Offspring, not so sure – will depend on their age and driving record I guess but normally these insurance policies are so massive that individuals being added or taken away make little difference. But there will probably be a list of rules somewhere for all lease drivers to obey. And more than likely, any other company employee will be insured to drive it if “on company business”.

Sandwich

The other no-no is those with a drink drive licence suspension. The excess will likely be huge if you need someone with a conviction on the policy.

scotroutes

I had a lease car at a previous employer. The rules changed during my tenure to rule out use by anyone other than employees. So, you need to check – and be aware that it could change.

Splash-man
    Free Member

Is definitely down to company policy.

My wife is allowed to drive my car but my son can’t. For another part of the company which we took over a while ago anyone can drive provided they have a license.

Unfortunately you need to make that phone call to HR or find the car policy and read it !

andygreener

Company vehicles IME are normally insured by an employer with a group insurance policy that covers anyone (providing they hold a valid licence) Check with HR/ Fleet Admin though.

You mention fully inclusive does that include fuel? If so make sure you get the complete BiK figures before making a decision.

If salary sacrifice then I have no idea.

somouk
    Free Member

My company cars were insured to named employees but those employees could drive any company car.

We could opt to have a named partner on the policy if required at no cost to us.

Check the policy with your works HR.

Cougar

Is definitely down to company policy.

This. It’s not simply insurance either – it could be that the insurance policy would allow any drivers but the company policy forbids it, for instance.

Our policy here is to allow partners so long as we have a copy of their driving licence.

CHB

Thanks for the advice. Looks like a varied mix of stuff our there. I mistakenly thought that with the profusion of LEX leases in the country there would be a standard answer. The saddest bit is that my car HAS to be a Vauxhall. Really wanted a hybrid but hey ho! Fully inclusive is everything EXCEPT fuel. So tax, tyres service lease etc but not dino juice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Car leasing insurance question (LEX).’ is closed to new replies.