Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Canyon Strive
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Any views reviews or experience of Canyon Strive? http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2573
    Looking good value. Think I need a medium as I’m 5’8″.

Thanks

rondo101
    Free Member

I’ve got one; had it just over a month & really happy so far. Went for the ES8.0 which seemed the best value. It pedals up really well for a bike the wrong side of 30lbs & is awesome fun on the downs, taking anything I could throw it at in its stride.

I’m 5’11” & went for a large despite Canyon saying I needed a medium, after comparing reach & stack to a Remedy that fit perfectly & reading about them feeling “cramped”. The height is only just right (the reverb is inserted as far as possible & at full extension is perfect for pedalling), but the reach is perfect for me with a 50mm stem on.
    However a mate who’s the same height as me tried it & found it too stretched, but needed to put the saddle up (obviously longer legs than me). He’s just ordered a medium.

Taking it to the Alps in 2 weeks. Expect it to be perfect!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Anyone used them in Alps etc?

nobbyq
    Free Member

I’ve had one 9 months , its great bike , selling mine though as its too big for me and my trails (frame shock size m ) coz i bought a santa cruz blur ltc. just come back from canyon service too

nobbyq
    Free Member

I’ve had one 9 months , its great bike , selling mine though as its too big for me and my trails (frame shock size m ) coz i bought a santa cruz blur ltc. just come back from canyon service too

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Sounds interesting, details and pics or linky? thanks

nobbyq
    Free Member

u got email address ?

miguel73
    Free Member

I ordered the ES 9.0 four weeks ago, only another two weeks to wait for it to arrive! When I researched getting a new bike (which I did for about two months) I kept coming back to the canyons time and time again. The lack of reviews is a pain, unless you use google chromes translator and even then you still have to piece together what there trying to say. Out of the limited reviews/articles I found only ever good things were said about them. The dirt magazine review which said “if you have an engine to power these toys of speed to the top and along then you have the only bike you will ever need” swayed my decision and when it does arrive if it’s not right then youve got a 30 day return, obviously you can’t have been out hammering it. I went for the small as I’m 5.7 with a 30″ inside leg

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Thanks, similar size 5 8 and short leg. I was thinking medium. Says the 9 SE ltd is available from stock. Price drop makes it look attractive 🙂 Fit enough so not a problem.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Damn Spicy price drop to. Aghhhh decisions!

maff11
    Free Member

I got one to really happy with mine, climbs fine it is a lot heavier than my old bike but that was a stumpy! It’s a really confidence booster going on downs feels really sturdy, I did have a bit of bother on setup but that was down to my preference, not hit anything big on it yet but I got no doubt it will take! I got the es 8.0 and the 9 sl has been reduced on the website, bugger! I took mine on a club ride the other day and the bike had a lot of attention, mainly cos no one had seen one before but they were all loving it

oldbloke
    Free Member

Had one for just over a year & remain very impressed with it. Surprisingly good at the ups, fun going down and handles well. Warranty on the reverb sorted fast by Canyon and that’s been the only issue. Only gripe remains the ability of the front mech to collect muck to the point it won’t shift until i clear the muck out.

Flipperfeet
    Free Member

I bought one last autumn, a 2011 model reduced in price. And I live in the Alps. I’m 5-9 or so and whilst Canyon say I’m a medium (just) I went for a small for the chuckability. On the climbs the seatpost is maxxed out right on the line but it climbs fine even with super-tacky rubber, and for the downs it is a blast. Size wise it is noticeably shorter than say a medium apline 160, but I am happy with it but then a medium Strive prob would have been fine too. This bike gets 2 or 3 days of lift serviced riding per week and has had a good battering, and so far no funny business. Only stock parts I’ve changed are tyres and saddle.

adrianmilleruk
    Free Member

Search my review on single track forum. I have had my ES 9.0 for three months and been on at least one big ride a week. It’s still great lots of bling still shining. I am 5″10 and it told me to get a small but I wasn’t convinced so got a medium. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-review-of-canyon-strive-90

fifthearl
    Free Member

Have just returned from maiden voyage on esx9 sl. After weeks
    of debating n reviewing all i can say is ‘what a bike’. After nomads
    n 916 this thing surpasses. Being big green head i hate climbin
    but today i actually enjoyed it.wild. This honestly climbs like
    htail cos it pedals fantastically. Comin down just inspires
    you, everything felt balanced n u get a feelin ur on a quality
    performing piece of kit. Only 1 minor prob was lowish bb which
    occasionally scraped pedals on rocky climbs, but downhill munches
    thru rock gardens effortless. Admittedly only did ‘whites 1+2’ but
    1st impressions wud have to be 9.5/10. Stunning bike. P.S. im
    5’7 n went small. Glad i did cos its big.

fifthearl
    Free Member

Just to add heavier than thought, def feels heavier than xt float
    916, which was 30.8lbs. Prob reverb tho. Actually was bit gutted
    at 1st cos of weight, the plan was smaller lighter bike, was
    thinkin shud of stuck with original plan of nerve9. But after
    riding strive n realising the amazing pedal power plus superb
    handling im now chuffed to beans n glad chose this over nerve.

maff11
    Free Member

Yeah I thought it was heavier than it was going to be but I still don’t think it’s that heavy for the type of bike it is, the bike loves to be pointed straight down a trail and booted. Fifthearl where are u from? Whites is one of my faves, I live near cwmcarn, don’t know of any other strives in the area, lovely bike

fifthearl
    Free Member

Maff11 im between pontypool n cwmbran. Yeah agree
    with weight, prob just right. Still cant get over climbin
    ability tho! Just gettin back into bikin so redoin all trails,
    must say Whites gone too ruff, prefered wall other day.
    Be over Cwmcarn soon, will look out 4 u, be good to see
    another strive! Good choice, great bike.

maff11
    Free Member

Yeah cool, rode cwmcarn and machen trails last Sunday, I’m part of the halfwayupmtb Mtb club, take a look at the website there’s loads of boys locally and a good bunch too, we have monthly rides and I think they’ve been over your neck of the woods a couple of times. They have a monthly meeting in the halfway pub in wyllie pop over!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Strive’ is closed to new replies.