Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Canyon Nerve 29er Competitors
  • DrDomRob
    Free Member

I’ve been having a look at a new bike (aren’t we all) and I reckon the Nerve 29er is pretty good value. I’ve done a quick rough and ready cost comparison and in my opinion it’s worth going for the 9.9 over the 6.0.

But, I haven’t got a feel for the 29er market at the moment, so what would be a close competitor in a similar price range (£2K +/- £200) that’s worth investigating further?

I’d be looking for something that is a capable all day cross country ride that doesn’t get out of shape too easily when the going gets steep and down hill.

Thanks hive.

Dom

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Spectral 29er instead. A more capable bike, and still great for all day long XC rides.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

I’ve had a look at them, nice bikes but a it pricey for me.

BillOddie

Do you really want a soulless German mail order bike?

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Lol – Well all my bikes with soul are going to be stored in the same place, so maybe they can teach it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Obvious troll is obvious….

Stoner
    Free Member

Do you really want a soulless German mail order bike?

I solved that tricky problem by buying my Nerve frame&fork secondhand.

It’s a bit like building a house on an Indian Burial ground, it’s so soulful it’s positively possessed.

jimw
    Free Member

I am not sure what else is out there in 29er form now sorry.
    They are good bikes- I have one so I would say that wouldn’t I?

However, it may be significant that as a serial bike buyer I have kept mine for three years and have no intention of getting rid of it. I have used it for cross country work and all day rides as well as taking it down the DH runs in FOD once and it coped (although the latter was a bit much for me if not the bike so not repeated) I know others who use theirs in the Alps

davros

Specialized Camber Evo 29. I’ve seen 2015 models advertised as low as £1400 which would be a bargain if they have one in your size.

ocrider

Following on with the 2015 clearances, there are Trek Fuels on Alltricks for a reasonable price, or a Crafty XR if you want something that you’re not actually asking for in the op 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve 29er Competitors’ is closed to new replies.