Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Can't find the staff the with the engineering / technical skills …
  • jock-muttley

Wrecker,
    If your chaps want wholly impartial information on this technology and a bit of a heads up then feel free to have them make contact with me, given that I’m currently not working I’m not on any form of selling agenda :mrgreen:

e mail Details should be visible in my profile, happy to speak on the phone.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

glass Ceiling for technical roles

If you’re a good technician you’re far to useful to get promoted. If you’re very good you enjoy it too much to care.

Slightly missing the point. Grads quickly see the glass ceiling and decide that a technical role does not reward with pay or status. The bosses are managers and accountants.

I tell people I’m an Engineer and they ask me to fix their boiler. So I tell them I design computer systems (for spacecraft) and they ask me to fix their PC.

I’m coming around to the idea that the term “Engineer” should be resigned to the plumbers, mechanics and computer repairers, and that we should be called: “Ingénieurs”.

Viewing 2 posts - 81 through 82 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Can't find the staff the with the engineering / technical skills …’ is closed to new replies.