Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can't find Continental Baron UST's ANYWHERE!
  • dingabell
    Free Member

Have they stopped making them?
    Chain reaction says they have some coming in November but as everyone else is out of stock I’m a bit dubious.
    Has anyone else found any lately?

honourablegeorge

They never actually started making them. I was waiting on them last winter from the German sites, but they never materialised – some sites (bike-components.de) have removed them altogether. Been keeping an eye out for them all year, but no sign yet.

I emailed Conti once or twice about them, they said Oct/Nov at the earliest. Not holding my breath.

downhilldave

Looked myself. Wanted one to pair with a Ust Rubber Queen on the rear.They go up fine tubeless,one small leak each side which the latex sorted. got the Bc version which seems good so far was running 28 to 30 psi but much better at 25 psi 🙂

noidea
    Free Member

Waited an age last year for them to appear with no luck so bought the standard black chili ones,They went up first time without any probs using stans and held air as good as ust rubber queens.

I have since sold my mountain bikes and have a pair that have been fitted tubeless,one was used for 20mins on the front and the other was fitted and unused.£55 posted if you are interested.

Northwind

My non-UST ones went up tubeless fine but getting them to stay up wasn’t so easy- needed wee patches over larger holes, lots of sealant, bit of glitter helped. But worth the hassle.

The sidewalls aren’t lasting though, both showing fraying and regular rub marks all the way round, loose threads etc. For that alone I wish they’d actually make the USTs they promised 🙁 And a 2.5 Baron as the big Der Baron is phenomenal.

honourablegeorge

Just had a mail from Conti UK – they say there’s been production/quality problems, and they haven’t been able to make the UST Baron as a result – so a UST BAron is not going to happen “for the foreseeable future”.

Pity – as per NW, been impressed witht he 2.5 one on the DH bike, but mates have had some mixed results running the standard ones tubeless, so was keen on the UST, despite extra weight.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can't find Continental Baron UST's ANYWHERE!’ is closed to new replies.