Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Can't buy me love.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15085003.stm
    A team needs more than just money being thrown around. Never seen this before, but happy to be proved wrong.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

“Can you imagine a Bayern Munich, Milan or Man United player doing this?”

No Roberto I can’t, because they’ll know they’re playing for a club with tremendous history, not just one that is trying to buy it’s way to success by spending stupid amounts of money, and not one which treats it’s players like shit. There are some very unhappy world-class players at that club, who hardly get a look in, who deserve more from their club. Granted, most are a bunch of greedy mercenaries, Tevez can’t be excluded from this group.

It’s very poor of Tevez, but tbh, I don’t blame him. City have no class. If you want respect, it must be earned, it can’t simply be bought.

RealMan
    Free Member

Footballers getting paid god knows how much a week to kick a ball about and when it actually comes down to it they refuse to do it?

WGAF.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

WGAF.

Yet, you gave enough of a **** to contribute.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Hope Citeh get knocked out of the CL straight away. In fact I’ll be happy to see them win f-all this season. As much as it pains me, if it comes down to between them and Man U for the title, I’ll back Man U, cos at least they’ve got real class, and a manager who is one of the greatest in football history, not just some mediocre bloke with an overinflated sense of his own self-importance. I could manage Citeh with the talent they have, heck, even bloody Hora would get decent results ffs.

There. I’ve said it. 😐

donsimon
    Free Member

WGAF

Glad to didn’t waste too much thinking about it RealMan, off to bed now and let the adults play.
    Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of big spenders simply trying to buy titles. (I always knew his heart was still on the red side of Manchester 😉 ).

donsimon
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Hope Citeh get knocked out of the CL straight away. In fact I’ll be happy to see them win f-all this season. As much as it pains me, if it comes down to between them and Man U for the title, I’ll back Man U, cos at least they’ve got real class, and a manager who is one of the greatest in football history, not just some mediocre bloke with an overinflated sense of his own self-importance. I could manage Citeh with the talent they have, heck, even bloody Hora would get decent results ffs.

There. I’ve said it.
    Posted 1 minute ago # Report-Post

Just in case they return the real elfin and he decides to try and edit… 😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

even bloody Hora would get decent results ffs.

Steady on. I think, Hora would need to spend some time at a lower league club, getting his badges, learning the ropes. I dunno someone like Yeovil Town.

Or maybe go to Spain, and take on a team like Real Betis where he could flash bomb muchachas all he likes.

Or, if he fancies some Irish colleens, then Shamrock Rovers could do with a good manager, what with playing in the Europa league…

But, Citeh…nah, bit too much for him.

I’ll email you an address for that jersey Effin 🙂

bloodynora
    Free Member

Not surprised TBH…. Been on the cards by the looks of things and only a matter of time before he threw his toys out again…. Galling for the fans that have travelled over there and spent their hard earned, how must they feel hearing this…. Got to back the manager on this one though

timc
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    It’s very poor of Tevez, but tbh, I don’t blame him.

bit weird? why don’t you blame him?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Got to back the manager on this one though

Why? Is his job not to instil that sense of team spirit in all his players, and not undermine them by publicly denigrating them?

Fergie din’t go running to the meeja slaging off Rooney wlast year, when Young Wayne was having a strop. He sorted things out, and Rooney is now a much better player as a result.

Quite a number of ex-Citeh players have criticised that club, bemoaning a lack of real team spirit. They can’t all be wrong. some, like Adebayor, coon’t wait to get out of there.

No class. Just a machine, a plaything for it’s owners.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

The manager needs to show them who’s boss. This would never happen at Man U or almost any other club for that matter. I’m not a Man U fan but one of the reasons they are so good is because they have respect for the manager.

hora
    Free Member

Thing is, there are a miriad of agents/hangers on and ‘friend’s of the players who massage ego’s etc and there will be a fair few saying ‘Man City will never be a big club’ etc to Tevez.

That was a really dodgy scenario where a club over the water was willing to stump up THAT amount of money but the deal fell through- something fishy going on there.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Apparently Tevez claims he did not ‘refuse to play’. The plot thickens…

Man City have a bit of previous when it comes to treating it’s top players badly. Robinho, anyone? City did everything they could to block any move to another top club, even though the player was desperate to leave.

Something’s gotta be a bit not right when top players earning huge amounts are desperate to leave a club. Adebayour’s now on less money probbly than when he was at City, but a lot happier. And how about SWP? the poor lad had an absolute nightmare at City. As have several other players. Craig Bellamy has had a great start back at Liverpool, and looks like a player who really enjoys his footy again. He dion’t look like that at City, in the few games he played.

Tevez is world class. How can you constantly leave a player of that calibre, one who gives it his very best every single game he plays in, on the bench?? And did you see Dzeko’s reaction to being taken off? Doesn’t strike me that Mancini has that good a relationship with many of his players tbh. I certainly don’t think he enjoys much respect from a lot of them, but what has he done to earn it?

Meanwhile, loads of great talent is being wasted at Manchester’s Second Club. Which is a great shame for Football.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Can't buy me love.’ is closed to new replies.