Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cannondale owners, frame sizing help please
  • Chrismc1
    Free Member

I am looking to get a cannondale flash from an online shop, but I am unsure of the size I would need. None of my local shops stock cannondales or do I know anyone who has one to try the sizing. I am 5 10 and ride a 18 or 19 inch hard tail depending on the brand. I have looked on the cannondale website and I could fit a medium or a large.

I am thinking the medium might be too small, but I have heard cannondales have long top tubes and high bottom brackets? Would the large be just too big?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

saxon1989
    Free Member

I’m 5 10 and I ride a trail sl2 in medium and fits me perfect!

gringojimi
    Free Member

I’m 5,10 and have a large F29. Fits me perfectly 8)

Tried a medium and found the positioning a little too ‘sit up and beg’ for my liking.

onandon
    Free Member

I’m also 5.10 both my flash and scalpel are mediums with 90 mm stem.

parkesie
    Free Member

I’m 6 3 and going to buy a f29 listing suggests a Xl but I’m preferring the L I always seem to go 1 size below what is recommended. Best to try and get a sit on one.

Chrismc1
    Free Member

Mmmmm sounds like I need a medium frame.

adamclark66
    Free Member

Im 6ft and have owned a f700, f900sx and prophet in large, I would say your on the border of large and medium. I would highly recommend you travel somewhere to demo both sizes if you intend to own the bike for a bit of time.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Medium,but could be a large depending on leg/body lengths

Chrismc1
    Free Member

Yeah buy the sounds of it a road tip to a cannondale dealer is in order.

DanW
    Free Member

Hi,

I am a bit late to the party but if you are still deciding I am 1.75m (5’9”?) and found myself most comfortable on a Large with the saddle towards the middle of a 15mm Thomson layback post and 105mm stem and 640mm bars. This is after lots of fitting and tinkering between different bikes/ sizes/ fitters. Of course this depends on many things but I wouldn’t rule out a large.

Loving my Scalpel, an awesomely fast machine 😀

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’m 5’9″ with a 30″ inside leg and have a 2012 Flash Alloy 29er in medium (that just happens to be for sale :D).

It’s a Medium and just perfect. Fantastic bike, only selling as it doesn’t suit the type of riding I’m doing at the moment.

amplebrew

I’m just over 5ft7 with around a 31″ inside leg and used to own a Taurine in medium which was spot on.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale owners, frame sizing help please’ is closed to new replies.