Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Cannock Chase – Follow the Dog. Fastest lap time ?
  • takisawa2

Bit of a debate here on this quiet Thursday afternoon regarding the lap times on our local Follow the Dog trail on Cannock Chase. I tend to be around the 42-45 min mark myself, I’m certainly no racer. A chap in the office is a keen to get his time down to 35 mins, he turned in a 37 min lap the other night.
    Just wondered if there was an un-official best time, or what times any Pro-Elite level riders on here have turned in…?

rOcKeTdOg

29.75 is easily achieved if you have the correct permits

clunker

Just under an hour

Houns

Never took a time since all the new bits, but on the original i did – Oh **** i forgot, erm 27mins rings a bell

takisawa2

😀 @ rocketdog

Mister-P
    Free Member

I hit 88 mph on one section and finished before I started.

neilb67
    Free Member

I think the quickest Ive heard of before section 8 was added and when old section 3 and 4 was a 23 minute lap…

Sub 30 has been done on the new route though…

scruff
    Free Member

Liam Killeen holds the record of the previous layout in low 20s, 2nd quickest is Snakebite, 3rd is a tie between Gary Fisher & Gary Fford.

Pook

i fell asleep last time i went

Houns

scruff – Member

Liam Killeen holds the record of the previous layout in low 20s, 2nd quickest is Snakebite, 3rd is a tie between Gary Fisher & Gary Fford.

Hmmm i think my 27mins is bollox then

ski
    Free Member

I thought Stan Collymore held the record for follow the dog 😉

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Did Keit do this on his hardtail or his Enduro ?
    I spoke to him last week and he said 39mins on his HT but reckoned he would be quicker on his Enduro – even tho its a heavier bike

glenh
    Free Member

I did it in under 20 mins on my MX bike

scruff
    Free Member

glenh, have you tried it on a quadbike? Section 2 is tricky and a bit tight but the rest is fine.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

‘kinell, takes me about an hour!

postierich
    Free Member

Only timed myself going the “wrong way” round 35 mins 12 secs, 6 months ago managed to achieve 7 “your going the wrong way” comments 2 “**** idiot” and several singlespeedbearedfreak comments which I was pretty chuffed @.

Twas very careful and rode @ night with helmet mounted light so I did not whiteout the oncoming traffic 😉

Rich

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

did the “new” route (section 8 included, not 3&4, and 11 i think was closed so fireroad diversion) in sub 40 min when I borrowed a giant anthem-x.

Wasn’t a fun bike, but my god does it shift! Technical climbs were just demolished!

It’s well under an hour even at an easy cruising pace.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I got stuck behind that Liam Killeen bloke… 😉

ski
    Free Member

I got stuck behind that Liam Killeen bloke…

lol

he has lapped me a few times up on the Malverns “not you again” 😉

rOcKeTdOg

remember the new board walk section needs additional permits and to sign a waiver because of the drop at the end, no form no ride, they do get checked!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Rocketdog; whats that about then ? what permits ? where do you get them ? please.

aracer
    Free Member

I would have gone sub 20, but I got held up in a queue at the permit check.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

You can imagine someone like Blakey from off the Buses standing there… ” I got you now aracer – hm, hm,hm”

takisawa2

I’m going to tell him to bin the idea.
    He’s got no chance.
    Too many obstacles…

Rich going the wrong way,
    glenh on his mx’er,
    scruff on his quadbike,
    rocketdog’s permit checkpoint,
    Pook asleep somewhere on the trail,
    this Liam bloke racing around,
    not to mention Mister P hitting 188mph.

This could get tricky if your all on the boardwalk at the same time.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

LOL !! 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

new boardwalk?
    where is it and where do i get a permit from? why do i even need a permit?

that log ride still does my nut, rode it last time, but couldn’t weelie off the end! Pretty please can we have a ramp down from it?

MikeWW
    Free Member

Did the full version the other week the right way round on a ss rigid. Got slowed down by a few people but went round in 34.22
    Can quite imagine fitter/younger guys well under 30 mins

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Cannock Chase – Follow the Dog. Fastest lap time ?’ is closed to new replies.