Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cancelled flight help
  • wayniac
    Free Member

My wife and I fancied a city break to Italy in January so we book flights with monarch into verona on 9th jan and then out of venice on the 15th. We have just been informed that monarch are cancelling the verona flight and the only alternative is a flight on the 11th. I have checked numerous monarch alternatives and there is no way from any airport to get me into verona on the 9th.

The problem is that I paid up front for the verona hotel on the 9/10th and stand to lose about £175 thanks to monarch cancelling the flight.

I checked my travel insurance and I’m not covered for this.

Any suggestions or is it a case of suck it up and protect my hotel bookings in future or fly with a better airline?

m0rk
    Free Member

Can Monarch refund you & you fly back with another airline?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Did you pay by Credit card? Call the company and recall the payment. It’s one of the things they are good for.

scaled
    Free Member

Suck it up i’m afraid, if a flight is cancelled the airline isn’t liable for any accommodation ‘lost’ the other end.

Have you tried flights to Venice/Milan the hiring a car?

Probably wouldnt work out much cheaper than cancelling the hotel but means you don’t have to dick about with the rest of your break.

wayniac
    Free Member

Paid on a debit card to save the extortionate fee!

Looks like BA are coming to the rescue. We can fly Manchester to Heathrow to Verona for an extra £100. Leaves a bitter taste but leads to the minimum messing about.

I’ll just take the refund from Monarch.

Last time I ever use Monarch! Grrrrr!

Doug
    Free Member

One of the reasons I wont fly to the Alps.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Never really had a problem flying to Geneva. Flights are always full enough that they are going.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I feel for you OP, this summer our flight was cancelled to Turin and the airline we all like “tough s***, f*** you”

flippinheckler
    Free Member

At least its not last minute and you have time to sort an alternative!

martinhutch

It appears you can fly ryanair direct from Manchester to Bergamo (Milan Orio al Serio) on your date. It’s really not that far to Verona from there.

Verona is nice – just don’t eat in the restaurants next to the Arena. Rip Off.

ComradeD
    Free Member

mikey-simmo – Member

Did you pay by Credit card? Call the company and recall the payment. It’s one of the things they are good for.

You can’t recall a payment with a credit card or a debit card, the only thing you can do is a dispute.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cancelled flight help’ is closed to new replies.