Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Can you use a reverb bleed kit to bleed Avid/Sram brakes?
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Are the screw in parts the same?

And can you get away with removing the end barbs when shortening the hoses or do you need new ones?

M6TTF
    Free Member

I don’t think the factory barbs will unscrew if they’re like the ones that were on my elixirs? They’re not expensive though – not sure about the bleed kit. Is it two syringes like the avid kit you can buy?

jimw
    Free Member

The latest Reverbs have a screw on/off remote, so unscrew the remote from the hose, cut the hose to length, then screw back in. If done carefully you don’t need to bleed the system. There are a number of how to guides on the net-some show the old type where you had to cut the hose off the barb.
    http://youtu.be/wwetOx-DIkc

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Needs new Olives for brake bleeeding.

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

The screw in parts are the same – M5 thread so the same kit can be used. However make sure that the syringes are absolutely free from DOT fluid when bleeding your Reverb.

If you take a sharp knife to the ends of the hose and carefully remove the barbs then I guess it’s possible to reuse them, as you can do with brake hoses.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Can you use a reverb bleed kit to bleed Avid/Sram brakes?’ is closed to new replies.