Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can you recommend a campsite in Les Arcs?
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

As title really…

Thanks.

imnotamused
    Free Member

bump…

robarnold
    Free Member

Not strictly in Les Arcs but there's a quaint little one in Landry, at the bottom of the valley called camping des Guilles. Coming to think of it, i'm not sure i've ever seen one in Les Arcs itself. There's a good one in Bourg, just round the corner from the kayak centre, only a ten minute walk in to town. The fernicular railway runs from about half a mile away straight up in to Arc 1600 and it's always down hill at the end of the day!

meeeee
    Free Member

i stayed on one in Bourg, just near the big supermarkets (retail park sort of thing)

http://www.leversoyen.com/gb1.html

pretty bad website, but its a nice campsite! Only a few mins walk to the shops, and a few mins riding (flat) to the funicular which will take you up to Arc 1600, then more lifts to 1800 or 2000.

Nice 'black' grade (but relatively easy) descent at the end of the day back down to Bourg for some beers at the tent 😀

stevomcd
    Free Member

As above, there's no site in Les Arcs. There's le Versoyen in Bourg as per meeeee's post and there's another one in Seez, just a few 100m up the road (and at the bottom of 2 of my favourite trails!).

imnotamused
    Free Member

We're likely to be there without a car/van so the two (or is it the same one?) near the funicular sound possible. Just weighing up camping vs hotel vs Trail Addiction – cost vs ease vs flying with a 6 man tent + bikes vs guiding vs getting lost vs god knows 😕

stevomcd
    Free Member

Le Versoyen is your best bet without a car – although it's only a 500m pedal from the one in Seez to the Funi as well.

I'm based in the area offering guided holidays, we ride all round the valley as well as Les Arcs. Properly qualified too.

neilforrow

a good friend of mine owns this place…

The Pink House

he runs ski season packages, not into his biking… but can do cheep' good quality accommodation 2 min's from the funicular in Bourg.

think he is doing a weeks accom for 140 euros… something like that…

can organise a few days riding too with some locals…

david(at)seasonaires.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can you recommend a campsite in Les Arcs?’ is closed to new replies.