Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • can you fit a bike in the back of a skoda fabia?
  • jools182
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new car but can’t decide which.

Originally I was looking at honda civics but got thoroughly cheesed off with dodgy sellers and cars with huge gaps in service history

I then changed to looking at Seat leons but they seem to be climbing out of my price range in the month or so I have been car shopping for, plus I’ve heard that the 1.4 & 1.6 gearboxes often let go due to rivets failing in the diff
    Now as much as I think they are a horrible looking car, I’ve been thinking about getting a fabia. Anyone got one and know if you can get a bike in the back?

MarkN
    Free Member

The new brochure does have a couple of road bikes in the back of a Fabia estate.

pennine
    Free Member

I have a Fabia hatch and my Orange 5 goes in with the wheels off and the back seat down.

Jamie
    Free Member

If I can get 2 bikes, med spesh enduro and small dialled PA, with just the front wheel off in an 03 Fiesta I imagine a Fabia will be fine as they are a bit longer.

DickBarton

of course you can…just comes down to how much you want to remove from the bike…wheels and saddle probably means it’ll go in the boot…front wheel off, probably go in with seats down, both wheels off and it’ll go flat with seats down with space to take more bikes/kit…

I’ve had 3 bikes in the back of a Micra and 3 bikes plus a long weekend’s worth of kit in a Fiat Bravo…

oldgrump08
    Free Member

Yes you can and get a diesel VRS 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

Can’t afford a vrs 🙁
    It will be a 1.4 16v or a 1.9 sdi

philconsequence
    Free Member

1.9sdi fabia here and with the seats down you can fit 2 bikes in with just the front wheels off once you know how to position them, take both wheels off and you can fit a lot more in the back than just bikes 🙂

soulwood
    Free Member

We have a Skoda Fabia (2001 model) and a 04 Berlingo. Fuel economy is pretty much the same (diesel models) but by far the best feature about the Berlingo is the ability to drop the rear seats and roll your bike in upright without taking anything off them. And thats two bikes. Only problem (bar the street cred) is that as the Berlingo is taller than a regular car it rolls in the corners.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Had a Renault 5 years back and that worked as a binge and surf wagon no problems. fabia should be fine

stooo
    Free Member

If you’re considering a Fabia – I’d seriously look at a Skoda Roomster. We’ve got both…

My wife drives the fabia for the work and school run journeys and it’s a cracking wee car. Yeah the look a bit funny, but it’s good to drive and her 1.6 diesel seems pretty economical…. however, it is a small car. Yes, with the seats down, remove the wheels from your bike and it’ll pop in the back, but it’s not ideal.

Speaking of funny looking – bring on the skoda roomster. I actually kinda like it’s slightly quirky looks. Mainly though, this is the most practical small car I’ve ever had. In fact it beats some larger cars (including Megan and Golf estates) that I’ve had.

The highlights…
    The 3 rear seats are individually roll-forward-able, or removable. Take just one out and you can get 2 bikes in the back, upright, just removing the front wheels, with the saddle up! That still leaves half the boot for kit. Couple weeks ago, I went on a point to point ride with a friend. My wife picked us up at the end point with my 3 year old girl and drove us home with child in child seat, 3 adults, large all-terrain childs buggy and 2 bikes… all inside a car not much bigger than a VW polo. And, it wasn’t a pain to fit it all in.

On top of all that, it’s cracking fun round windy roads and I get regularly 50-55mpg out of the 1.4 3cylinder diesel engine.

Brilliant car, highly recommended.

Diawl
    Free Member

My mate and I drove back from Alpe d’Huez with two DH bikes and all our kit plus the rack we used on the way there rammed in the back of his Furby, so yes, you can.

jools182
    Free Member

right the only thing now then is to overcome its horrendous front end

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘can you fit a bike in the back of a skoda fabia?’ is closed to new replies.