Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Can somebody talk me through C2W
  • Rosss
    Free Member

Right so ive been thinking about buying a ex5 stripping it to the frame and building it up. Cycle to work appears to be a great way but i dont work for a company. However my mom does run a comunity centre so may be able to set something up. How easy would it be to get c2w and how much do you get off ? Any thing on the matter would help please.

scaredypants

I’ve not used it, but pretty much dead in the water now isn’t it ? (“clarified” the final value estimations, making it pretty much like full price but extended credit)

pdw
    Free Member

Not dead at all. I’ve just bought a new bike on the scheme, and expect to see over 50% savings, with the parts all bought at discounted prices from online retailers.

The “full price” restriction is only imposed by some retailers if you’re using a commercial scheme operator such as Cyclescheme. If you’re company has a self administered scheme, you can buy from wherever you like at whatever price you can find.

The impact of the minimum final value can be substantially reduced by deferring the final payment, and paying less than the fair market value price and just taking the tax hit.

To answer the OP, you need to be an employee, and you need to be paid a salary, so that you can sacrifice some of it.

steveh

If you don’t work for a company you can’t do it. It works by paying for the bike over a period of time (normally 12 months) directly out of your salary. The payments are taken before tax and national insurance and this is where the saving occurs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Can somebody talk me through C2W’ is closed to new replies.