Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can I run Fable 3 on my laptop?
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

I’ve checked with a website called ‘systemrequirementslab’ and the computer said no on the basis that I don’t have an ATI or Radeon graphics card. The game only needs an Intel Core Duo running at 2ghz to work.

The lapop is a Dell Inspiron 1564, it has an Intel i3 chip running at 2.8ghz with more than enough RAM and hard drive space.

The question is, will the higher spec processor compensate for the lack of an adequate graphics card?

chojin
    Free Member

No. The graphics card is arguably the most important bit!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Arse!

Thanks for the reply. I am guessing you can’t retrofit graphics cards to laptops either.

chojin
    Free Member

I am of course, assuming that instead of an ATI/Nvidia graphics card, you’ve got some onboard Intel jobbie…

chojin
    Free Member

nope – although I did hear that nvidia were working on some kind of USB derived graphics card, whether it ever came to fruition or not who knows…

geetee1972
    Free Member

I am of course, assuming that instead of an ATI/Nvidia graphics card, you’ve got some onboard Intel jobbie…

Yes it seems so. When I bought it they told me that you didn’t need a dedicated graphics card with the i3 chip because it was so already optimised for graphics. It has an Intel one on board but like you say, it’s ‘jobbie’.

I was able to just about run COD (the latest one) but I had to turn all the extra graphics options off and it was pretty turgid still.

Cougar

Is there a demo / trial?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can I run Fable 3 on my laptop?’ is closed to new replies.