Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a compressor for tubeless tyres.
  • bendevon
    Free Member

Love tubeless tyres, hate trying to get them to seat and wasting energy (frantically pumping track pump with one hand) or expensive CO2 cylinders. Can anyone recommend a compressor that works for this task?

thegreatape
    Free Member

A vegetarian I assume 🙂

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I have one of these

You will also want this

rab5474
    Free Member

CO2 is only expensive i you buy them from bike shops, 10 for £12

ebay linky

doncorleoni
    Free Member

oldnpastit

Ghetto inflator. Coke bottle, couple of inner tube valves and some tubing. Or the one in the previous post. Google it.

CheesybeanZ

I’ve just made one of these , works a treat .

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ghetto-tubeless-inflator-mk-vii

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

A compressor to inflate tubeless tyres is about as reasonable as buying a chainsaw to slice cheese. Ghetto inflator, spend the rest on the wife at Christmas.

Northwind

Yeah, I really like having a compressor but it’d be mad to get one just for bike use- I had it already.

Having said that, I made a classic 3 litre ghetto inflator, and so far it’s been ****-all use, I thought I’d use it as an escalation from a pump failure but so far, if a tyre’s defeated the pump it also defeats the inflator. (then the compressor does it in 2 seconds. Maybe it’s just me but it seems to be on the standard singletrack-approved design.

So now I’m building a fire extinguisherflater for the car, just because it’s cool. Also it seems excellently dangerous, I think trying to put out a fire with compressed air will probably not work.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You only think that?

You need to try it and video it!

julians
    Free Member

The cheap compressor that screwfix sells does the job just fine.

rickon
    Free Member

An inflator is still overkill, a decent high volume pump like the Topeak Mountain track pump. And some MX lube, which on one sell for about £4 for a lifetimes worth.

That’s all you need.

leffeboy

i’ve got the high volume track pump but sometimes it doesn’t work. | garden sprayer like doncorleoni show works just fine though and can double as a bike washer to get the mud off.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Compressors don’t cost that much and if you’re doing tubeless setups regularly would be a good investment . The Ghetto type inflators may work sometimes but it’s very hit and miss . Always people on here saying ” I can get any tyre up with just a track pump ” but that isn’t always the case . Another alternative is the Bontrager pump that they are bringing out that pumps up a reservoir and is designed for tubeless tyres ,charger or super charger I think it’s called , cost £100 mind and you can virtually buy a compressor for that .

Suggsey
    Free Member

Treat yourself to a small tank compressor with electric motor………you can use them on car tyres weekly checks as well as seating numerous tyre changes and other stuff……worth every penny. Got mine years ago from Makro for about £25 and it’s still working fine!

Suggsey
    Free Member

IMPAX ZBW60B/2-24 24Ltr Compressor 230V
    Sorry can’t get the screwfix page to link. They do a 6 litre too but too small makes it pointless for other uses IMO.

ratherbeintobago

Presta to Schrader convertor and the compressed air line at your nearest petrol station?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a compressor for tubeless tyres.’ is closed to new replies.