Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Can a total novice ride 330 miles from LA to Las Vegas in 48 hrs + 30 days prep?
  • tonyja
    Free Member

Can a total novice ride 330 miles from LA to Las Vegas in just 48 hours with only 30 days preparation time? Dan Bilzerian has got $600K wagered that he can (yes *that* Dan Bilzerian).

He’s a non cyclist and Lance Armstrong has just offered to help him over the next 30 days. Madness, given his background, heart attacks etc, but you never know…

Can Dan Bilzerian Ride 330 Miles From LA to Vegas in 48 Hours? Gets $600,000 If He Can

mikewsmith
    Free Member

30 days with Lance or with his doctor?

racefaceec90

no idea who he is?

tonyja
    Free Member

He’s a professional poker player and internet ‘celebrity’
    The youngsters will know of him already – instagram, lad bible crowd etc

RickDraper
    Free Member

Hell if I had a bunch of smoking hot women waiting for me at the finish like he will I’d crawl from LA to Vegas in 48 hours lol

warton
    Free Member

LA has reached new lows.

they’re well suited to one another.

can he? i really don’t care. awful human being

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Last year I did 140 miles a day over 2 days and there was 11,000 ft of climbing in the first and 7,000 in the second day. I’d not done any specific training although I had at least been cycling short distances regularly. It was painful, mostly due to the amount of climbing on the first day but I reckon he’ll do it easily with that amount of cash as an incentive.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Should be achievable, I’ve done 100 in yorkshire with no training, it wasnt pretty and i halucinated on one climb but it was done.

And bessides he’s obviously spent a lot of time in the gym, so it’s hardly from starting from nothing.

oxym0r0n

So 48 hours riding time rather than total time?

nealglover
    Free Member

So 48 hours riding time rather than total time?

I very much doubt it.

Pretty much everyone could do that.

A couple of hours each day at 7mph for 3 weeks.

It’s not like he’s got an actual job to go to.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Easiest 600k he’ll ever make

That’s quite a flat 330 miles and he’s got 48 hours

wrightyson
    Free Member

He lives some life. Some very very funny comments on his Facebook page re his chicken legs. Been “following” him for a while.

njee20
    Free Member

It’s a big meh from me. Sounds very doable. far too much hyperbole on that website. 24 hours? Definitely a challenge. 48? Not so much. Just don’t stop.

Never heard of the bloke either, but he sounds like a tosser.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Depends on route, if you’ve ever driven from Los Angeles to Vegas, the desert easily hits 40 degrees or more. Even stopping and getting out of a car is pretty overwhelming

mashiehood
    Free Member

Ultra cyclist eh. The whole thing is blown out of proportion. Mind you I could cycle 10 yds at the moment due to a horrible gastro infection!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

it will be very painful. Physically you may do it but your ass…….!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Google says 28hr by bike 😉

Only driven it and yes can get hot out there. It’s also a climb most the way though may not look it with long straight roads. Driven onwards to Flagstaff / Grand Canyon and reaches nearly 7000ft there but it’s just a long gradual climb.

Bit dull probably. LA to SF via the PCH would be more interesting.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Isn’t this the tosser who is gradually frittering away his dads ill gotten (and well hidden from the feds) gains?

singletrackmind

Aero recumbant.
    Then split the work load 60 / 40 , allow 8hours sleep. 33hrs at 10mph AV , and 7 x 30min R+R each day. Although thats probably not the best way, stopping every 2hrs for 30mins for food and drink.

tonyja
    Free Member

Hasn’t been formally announced yet but heard Dan completed this yesterday. With a team of helpers and what looks like a wind tunnel vehicle in front of him perhaps even I could have done this feat!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BC7rhBtIDqc/ for video of trainings.

philjunior
    Free Member

I don’t know of the guy but it pleases me that this will show people what can be done with very little training.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“I don’t know of the guy but it pleases me that this will show people what can be done with very little training.”

Anythings possible with a little cheating…. out of the box thinking.

might as well have used a land sail.

fasthaggis

Anythings possible with a little cheating…. out of the box thinking load of people helping you.

I could have been as awesome as Dan,if only I hadn’t taken an arrow in the knee.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Can a total novice ride 330 miles from LA to Las Vegas in 48 hrs + 30 days prep?’ is closed to new replies.