• This topic has 51 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Camping with city-girls
  • Cougar

What is recommended instead of an air bed*?

A self-inflating mat.

EDIT: *For two people

Two self-inflating mats. (-:

You can get double ones now; Decathlon carry them IIRC.

Cougar

Here,

http://www.outdoorkit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=17037

Can’t comment on that specific model, but it’s the sort of thing I’d be looking at if I wanted a double mattress. I still think two singles are better though, for Blob reasons as mentioned earlier.

user-removed
    Free Member

We’re off camping this weekend coming. Stupidly massive tent: yes. Two gas rings and Calor tank: check. Hopeless cheap inflatable double airbed: yup.. Giant box of kitchen stuff: also yes.

Girls don’t know how to camp. And don’t get me started on the toiletries… I’m on holiday, why would I do anything other than stick my head under the tap.

That said, I went camping to Whinlatter with a bunch of young lads – to my utter gob-smacked-ness, one of them was asking where he might plug in his hair straighteners.

Cougar

There’s a very obvious answer to that.

user-removed
    Free Member

Indeed. Sadly, the newly refurbished site toilets with underfloor **** heating, had several plugs. So he didn’t learrn a thing.

That photo on page one – I’m guessing it’s the Western Isles.

Also, if you fancy a bit of moonlighting Cougar, I could do with some help installing my OS and Lightroom onto my SSD – the drive’s been installed for months bit I’m too scared to actually use it…

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I suspect I’m going to have problems with mine when it comes to camping etc.

She has purportedly expressed excitement about going away in the camper van (if its ever finished) however based on the fact they the other day she was expressing concern of how she would survive 6 weeks in a bunk bed in a holiday cottage while going a mapping project I suspect that she probably wont cope with no-mod cons camping…

She didn’t really react well to me suggesting she needed harden the **** up a bit, seeing how I have spent several months living in a tent in the desert, and regularly end up staying in a swag (bivvy) and that is often the life of a field geologist.

Though I will confess that last time I was in the swag I had to make exceptions to the fact it was still nearly 40C at 10pm…

Houns

Heh I love that pic

globalti
    Free Member

We will be camping in Addingham Yorkshire for two nights for the Grand Départ and then for five nights soon after for the C2C with my son’s school cycling group.

I plan to take midge repellent, mossie coils, insecticide spray and Avon Forest Fern (or whatever it’s called) and some camping kit.

slackalice
    Free Member

Autumn camping in BC taught me to go to bed wearing a hat. Toasty warm 8)

Oh and hang your food and toilet bag about 20ft up a tree.

Cougar

I could do with some help installing my OS and Lightroom

Sure, what do you need?

Oh and hang your food and toilet bag about 20ft up a tree.

Hey, is that where the dog walkers got the idea from?

anagallis_arvensis

You could take the other course of action. I walked into Barrisdale in Knoydart with a backpacking tent, small stove two pans a dog and my mrs from that london. Bothy having a toilet was the only comfort. She loved it.

gazc
    Free Member

compared to the missus i’m city-like – and i love camping/bivvying/campervanning!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Camping with city-girls’ is closed to new replies.