Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • camping gas hoses plus fittings – what do i need?
  • sadexpunk

got a medium size blue gas bottle connected to my cadac, and looking to buy a double hob type thing with small grill. i believe these run on same gas, rather than the small bottles.
    with that in mind, am i right in thinking ill need a T-piece, 2 more lengths of hose, plus another brass nut (double hob end) to complete the set up from the same bottle?

could anyone point me in the direction of the best place to buy these, what pieces id actually need, and some idea of price please?

id like to know if its financially viable to buy this hob thing if its just going to cost loads to amend the gas fittings and hoses.

thanks a lot

Bear
    Free Member

BES.CO.UK

whole range of gas fittings, be sure to use the correct bore for the fittings and also the correct jubilee clips

sharkbait
    Free Member

I would have thought that a T piece in the existing hose and a single new hose from the T to the hob (ours only needs a single hose/connector for both hobs and grill).
    The hob should have come with a brass connector that you can push the hose onto. I used any old jubilee clip as gas ain’t under that much pressure, but seeing as you’re doing it from scratch you could get whatever is recommended.

midlifecrashes

I must have nearly a dozen of those grills in the garage.

Go Outdoors will be as cheap as any for the CampingGaz Elite, which is 2+grill, and they will sell you the T piece and hose by the metre.

carlos
    Free Member

And if your not a member of Go Outdoors, pop,along to your local caravan dealer. They’ll have all the bits, hose and fittings you’ll need.

sadexpunk

thanks a lot chaps 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘camping gas hoses plus fittings – what do i need?’ is closed to new replies.