Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Camping bods- sleeping mat for the boy.
  • jkomo

I’ve only really had a crappy foam one. My lad needs one for scouts camp, from previous threads the self inflating ones are the way to go. Any advice for around 20- 30 quid?

somouk
    Free Member

Gooutdoors do a few at that price range and the inflatable ones are excellent.

I often find blowing into the valve a bit before sealing it helps to get it fully inflated too.

Cougar

I was eyeing up the Decathlon ones recently. No idea if they’re any good, but their Quechua stuff generally seems well regarded for the price.

Only reason I didn’t get it in the end was I found an ultra-light Thermarest at a “rude not to” price.

sing1etrack

The Mountain Warehouse one I got for my 4 year old seems good for not much money – only used once so far but it doesn’t seem to be vastly different to my excellent Alpkit one (which is what I would have been buying her had they had any in stock) and performed well.

gogg
    Free Member

Vango are not bad value for money as a “therma-ripoff” goes, use them with DofE groups.

PersonallY I have an exped mat, but not on your budget. It is however the most comfortable camping kip I have ever experienced.

Yak

Decathlon one is fine. Probably not the most robust but good enough for a few days/ odd week per year.

jkomo

Ok thanks all

wrecker
    Free Member

I have an Army issued one. It’s 3/4 length and quite lightweight (comes with a storage bag). It’s no thermarest but it’s OK, certainly for about £20 anyway.

matt_outandabout

Decathlon here – at least 8 years old, three of them, one has had a puncture in that time.

carlosg
    Free Member

We have a Vango one and a High Gear one for our kids , both seem happy with them (3 + 9) both were under £20.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Camping bods- sleeping mat for the boy.’ is closed to new replies.