Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Camper van with toddler suggestions please
  • frogrocket
    Free Member

We have recently gained access to a camper van in Nottingham and so I’d like some ideas for trips this spring/summer please.

We live in Manchester, so I’d need to go and fetch it, either with everyone in our car (me, wife, 3yr old), or get the train to Nottingham and bring it back. Final option is to meet half way and use 2 vehicles, but that seems a bit wasteful. I’ll also need to return it afterwards then get back to Manc.

So, where is worthwhile for long weekends (wife isn’t keen on long camping trips with toddler, can’t really say that I am either tbh!)? Considering I don’t want to be spending all of the time travelling, where would you go?

Any experiences of toddler friendly camper van spots most appreciated!

Cheers

yiman
    Free Member

From Nottingham – the Peak District is an hour away which has any amount of sites, some with kids playgrounds. There are also a few sites around Sherwood Forest area in north Notts. Rutland Water isn’t far. You could go out to the coast at Skeggy etc.

Further afield the “Forest Holidays” sites are pretty good – e.g. Forest of Dean and North Yorks Moors ~2 hours away from Notts.

yiman
    Free Member

Correction – it doesn’t look like “Forest holidays” do camping any more, but the Forestry Commission (Bracelands) campsite at Forest of Dean is really good.

marcus
    Free Member

Clumber Park was pretty good from memory.

Or Holme Pierrpont, if you really can’t be bothered driving.

Or Chatsworth. – might be a ‘caravan club site’ though

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Camper van with toddler suggestions please’ is closed to new replies.