Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 357 total)
  • Cameron resigns – which goon will replace him?
  • samunkim
    Free Member

“Cognitive decline of type 1 diabetics”

Or is Theresa May, starting from such a high point, that we are comfortable with her leading the country.

Speaking as a Type1 myself…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Ken Clarke caught on camera ridiculing Tory leadership candidates

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/05/ken-clarke-caught-camera-ridiculing-tory-leadership-candidates-theresa-may-michael-gove

Ken Clarke knows exactly what he is doing.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5DgIa0VXkk[/video]

seosamh77
    Free Member

I now think the talk of Corbyn being un-electable can now be quietly shelved. Considering the choices in the tory leadership contest? Which of them is electable? ehhh, mmmmm, aaaahhh….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ken Clarke looks as if he’s had less sleep than Jeremy Corbyn.

aP
    Free Member

Considering the choices in the tory leadership contest? Which of them is electable?

That’s the point though isn’t it? They don’t have to have to appeal to the general electorate, they only have to be selected by the party. Then hand over the mess to whoever replaces Corbyn – or potentially a LibDem government.

tomhoward

Cognitive decline of type 1 diabetics”

Huh?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

or potentially a LibDem government.

Well there’s something which I didn’t expect to hear for a while.

You do realise that they are down to 8 seats and need to win at least another 318 seats to form a government, don’t you ?

aP
    Free Member

You do realise that they are down to 8 seats and need to win at least another 318 seats to form a government, don’t you ?

Yup, could be good though? Just imagine Vince back in da house?

Stoner
    Free Member

I WANT KEN’s BABIES!

what a legend 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

pr0n for Stoner

Everything you need … a pair of Hush Puppies, an EU star-spangled flag, and a phallic reference to British American Tobacco.

Stoner
    Free Member

so very frot-worthy.

mefty
    Free Member

They are not Hush Puppies, they are what my father would have called “brothel creepers”.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

so very frot-worthy.

Yeah you can put that in your **** bank along with that clip up there ^ in which he’s got I’ve-just-got-out-of-bed eyes.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Considering the choices in the tory leadership contest? Which of them is electable?

That’s the point though isn’t it? They don’t have to have to appeal to the general electorate, they only have to be selected by the party. Then hand over the mess to whoever replaces Corbyn – or potentially a LibDem government.so the tories are playing a long game and thinking about 2025 here? you’re going to have to convince me a little more on thst yin!

Though I can see the tories getting punished for all this nonsense, guess that may be the only good thing to come out of it all. Labour do really need to get their act together, and sharpish, though how sharp is up for debate, I guess the tories know they’ve made a monumental mess of things. So i really can’t see them doing the honourable thing and holding an early election.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Full breakdown of results

Out of 329 Conservative MP votes:

Theresa May – 165

Andrea Leadsom – 66

Michael Gove – 48

Stephen Crabb – 34

Liam Fox – 16

Looks like it’s going to be Theresa May. A sensible choice for the Tories and Labour’s toughest opponent imo.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

lol @ Gove. How really does fail at everything he does.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Looks like it’s going to be Theresa May. A sensible choice for the Tories and Labour’s toughest opponent imo.

Agreed. Tories aren’t daft, they will pick a candidate to give them the best chance of winning in 2020. Leadsom is too risky a choice, not experiemced enough. Gove couldn’t win a GE – I am surpised he got 48 votes, far too soon for Crabb.

Also May was one of the Ministers thought quite likely to campaign Leave before coming down on Cameron’s side but generally keeping out of the campaign

Ken Clarke looks all over the place there. Tories biggest EU supporter really needs to admit the game is up

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Agreed. Tories aren’t daft

They would have voted for Boris if he hadn’t been cut off at the knees.

Ken Clarke looks all over the place there.

Really? He looks dead on point.

nickc

Agreed. Tories aren’t daft

Some of them wanted to leave the EU, so they’ve involved us all in their massive bun fight, are now voting for an MP who wants to stay in the EU as our PM, which solves ..?

the evidence, as they say, points to the contrary. 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Tories aren’t daft

Well I wouldn’t over emphasize their collective wisdom after all they chose the self-proclaimed “quiet man” IDS as their leader, and also Michael Howard of whom Ann Widdecombe famously said “there is something of the night about him”, we all knew what she meant.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEc1rVstvtA[/video]

binners

Tories aren’t daft….

ninfan
    Free Member

Some of them wanted to leave the EU

Well, technically I think you’ll find that about 17 million other people also wanted to leave the EU 😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Technically I think you’ll find that nickc was referring to Tory MPs.

EDIT : 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, to repeat the point, technically I think you’ll find that the electorate agreed with them.

Imagine, politicians carrying out the will of the electorate in a democracy – who would have believed it ?

(edit: apologies if, as a sometime Labour party supporter, you’re uncomfortable with this radical concept 😉 )

slowoldman

Crabb has bailed out.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Poor old Gove, took his shot, and got beaten by an unknown and Maybot 3000.

…although, he probably just wanted to stop, Boris.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUqL5uZyC1c[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cameron wasn’t well known when he won. Leadsom well known inside the Party. Still think it will be a May win.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

it’s such a shame the returning officer followed ‘eliminated’ with ‘from the ballot’.

wilburt
    Free Member

I was hoping for Gove if only to hobble the tory **** in the election.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I was hoping for Gove if only to hobble the tory **** in the election.

They are leaving the self harm to the Labour Party

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They are leaving the self harm to the Labour Party

Your opinion that Corbyn harms the Labour Party is well known jambalaya, but I’m surprised you appear to feel that Gove is similarly harmful to the Tory Party.

Gove is on the right of the Tory Party and very much opposed to the EU, what is it about him that you dislike so much ?

mikey74
    Free Member

Those really is like choosing which testicle to remove. However, I think May is slightly less detestable than Loathsome, erm, I mean Leadsom.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Gove is to the Torys what Jezza is to the Labour Party. Both men of high principle and integrity, but completely unelectable.

MSP

Gove? High integrity and principle? 😆

mikey74
    Free Member

Rockape: is that a joke or have you not been paying attention to what Gove says and does?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s a bit early to be drinking rockape!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Where exactly has Gove displayed a lack of integrity ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Most of his cabinet jobs?
    Lying all the way through the referendum?
    Knifing Boris?
    Letting his missus write for the press?

kimbers

lack of integrity……..

That stuff stirring up loads of resentment toward Turkish immigrants coming to the UK, when he knew perfectly well that Turkey joining the EU is as likely as England winning a major football tournament.

binners

The problem isn’t a lack of integrity. The problem is that he’s absolutely insane!!! Completely hatstand meep meep bonkers. Wibble!

While education secretary, he gave a copy of the bible, to every school in the country, with a forward by himself!

Just stop and have a think about that for a moment. A bible. With an introduction by himself. Just inwardly digest that. Read that sentence again……

While education secretary, he gave a copy of the bible, to every school in the country, with a forward by himself!

He thought it appropriate to give out the word of god, but prefaced with his own thoughts, by way of an introduction

You may want someone who thinks that kind of thing appropriate in charge of the country? Personally I think they should be heavily medicated, to try and treat their narcissistic personality disorders and messiah complex, and kept away from the rest of us thanks

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 357 total)

The topic ‘Cameron resigns – which goon will replace him?’ is closed to new replies.