Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camera recommendation please
  • muddodger
    Free Member

I’m sure everyones got a favorite, but I’m in need of a camera to take away on holiday.
    Currently have a Nikon 3200 which is proving to be too big for day to day use, so need something smaller but with equal picture quality and zoom without having to constantly swap lenses… not too sure on budget really, depends if I sell the Nikon.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Sony RX100 (various versions and prices available).

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

If you want a DSLR I’d look for whatever Nikon sell that’s the equivalent of a D90.I’ve had mine for years,I bought it for it’s portability,I think at the time I bought it the D90 was the smallest DSLR.
    The camera I use most is a Lumix LX5,for performance it’s not a patch on the Nikon but it’s even smaller so I accept it’s limitations.
    HTH

muddodger
    Free Member

Thanks
    Sorry should have said, don’t actually need a DSLR.
    A compact will do as long as it takes a good photo…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Canon G7x mkII – more substantial build than the Rx100 sony, longer zoom that the higher Rx100 models, touchscreen and a nicer interface.

You can browse the photography forums and find quite a lot of posts from people switching from the Sony as it has a geeky interface compared.

Higher Sony RX100 models have an EVF though, if you need that.

Sundayjumper

Whichever Canon looks nice & fits your budget.

ctk
    Free Member

Canon G series. Very robust and takes great pics.

EDIT actually they are a bit pricey and with you having a DSLR already maybe not worth it.

Is it a family holiday? Beach etc? Maybe a waterproof camera might be good:

This Panasonic seems good value at £100

Panasonic Waterproof camera

muddodger
    Free Member

Whichever Canon looks nice & fits your budget.

Same as buying a bike for me then!

Canon G series. Very robust and takes great pics.

EDIT actually they are a bit pricey and with you having a DSLR already maybe not worth it.

Is it a family holiday? Beach etc?
    DSLR will probably be getting sold if I get another,definately don’t need 2.
    Yeah, beach, pool, sunsets….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camera recommendation please’ is closed to new replies.