Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • camera phone opinions (inc LG Viewty and Samsung Tocco)?
  • dc2.0

Or "what phone for my wife", from the following (or any other suggestions)?

LG Viewty Smart GC900
    Samsung Tocco Ultra Edition
    Nokia 6700

Anyone got one of these and care to comment? I basically want to know which one has:

a) got the best camera (daylight) – picture quality and responsiveness are main criteria.
    b) got the best flash
    c) the easiest user interface (for both phone and camera functions).

My requirements:

Looking to buy mrs dc a replacement phone for christmas. Key feature has to be half-decent camera as although she has an DSLR and has previously had a pocket digital camera, the former is too big for everyday snaps and the latter broke but, even when it was working, rarely got used anyway as she never remembered to take it anywhere/charge it up.

She's a "late adopter" of technology and would certainly be happiest with a Nokia as she has used their interface for ages (latest phone is 6301). She won't appreciate a fully featured smartphone/iphone (not that the camera is necessarily good on those anyway) so we're definitely in the "camera-phone" category.

However, decent Nokia cameraphones have touch screen only and a different UI (S60?) so she'll have to learn a new one anyway. So, if all bets are off on vendor it looks like the options (on Orange, unless I swap operator) are as I listed above.

dc2.0

/bump/

br
    Free Member

My wife has had the LG, she hated it with a passion – replaced with a Nokia.

Nico
    Free Member

I have the LG. It's easy enough to use but I can't believe it's the most intuitive. The camera is acceptable but inferior to an average compact camera. In the end I haven't used enough other phones to compare. I bought it because it seemed to be easily the cheapest 3G phone and I wanted internet use.

carlosg
    Free Member

I just upgraded my N95 for a Sony Ericsson W995 4 weeks ago and am really happy with it so far 8.1mp camera that seems to take good shots(no bike ones just pets at the moment). the menu's are very similar to Nokia's and evrything is very easy to use.

liquid1000
    Free Member

just got a tocc its great

tonyg2003

I dropped my work N97 and picked up a Tocco Ultra Edition that was floating around the office to replace it for the last few months of the contract. In my experience the Tocco camera is OK, by no means a good as a good compact.

If you have a Nokia wired brain then you'll probably hate the Tocco. I had to read the manual! I mean I'm a bloke 😆 Seriously though it does some things very well but I don't find it at all intutative. Plus the touch screen is nowhere near the good ones like HTC or Apple iphone.

On the plus side it's a small stylist little brick with a decent battery life and seems well built.

Mine's going soon since the OS can't interact with our new IT systems.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘camera phone opinions (inc LG Viewty and Samsung Tocco)?’ is closed to new replies.