Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Calm Down Dear
  • kimbers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13211577
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWKBSYqtu7M[/video]

1) referencing michael winner is never funny, ever
    2) he does sound like a patronising toff
    3) note the stony faces of women accross the house who must be quite used to the old boys club attitude
    4) osborne found it hilarious, clegg managed a weak smile, balls was ‘outraged’ , millibland was loving daves discomfort
    5) they really dont make uk politics look very good

nickf
    Free Member

He really can’t help himself, can he? You can take the boy out of Eton, but you’ll never take Eton out of the boy…..

CHB

non story. Move along please.

IanMunro
    Free Member

She should have just got up and kneed him in the balls. Guaranteed MP for life then 🙂

trailmonkey

he wasn’t quoting anybody.

he was being a patronising twunt because he’d quite clearly lost his temper.

a full and frank apology should hellp him not to appear that he holds at least 50% of the population in contempt.

nickf
    Free Member

I disagree. It demonstrates the PM to be the smug, patronising and sexist git we all knew him to be.

Sure, he’ll laugh about it with his chums, but people like my wife – a smart, educated woman who might just vote Tory – will note this down as a serious black mark, even though you might not. In any case, I’ll make sure she sees this clip, really make the point that Cameron’s a tosser, and that’s one vote lost.

Thanks Dave, you’re doing my job for me….just keep on spouting rubbish and we’ll all see you for what you really are

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There are clearly worse things happening in the world, but it’s refreshing that just every so often, he reminds us what a post coital penis he really is.

EDIT: Check out how uncomfortable Clegg looks behind him. 😐

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Perhaps she should have calmed down a little, instead of bouncing around like a sugar fuelled whining harpie in the houses of parliament?

balls was ‘outraged’

Hmm, considering he couldn’t even get his own wife to take his name on marriage (ahem, Yvette Balls :wink:) I don’t think he’s the most ‘clapham omnibus’ of onlookers 😆

Indeed – to quote ED: ‘If I had ever said “calm down, dear” to Yvette at home, she’d have clocked me one”

Which shows who wears the trousers in that house, and indeed, I’m concerned about the tacit acceptance of domestic violence as part of a normal relationship!

McHamish
    Free Member

This doesn’t make politics look good…

In comparison British politics looks very civilised.

nickf
    Free Member

Hmm, considering he couldn’t even get his own wife to take his name on marriage

My wife’s kept her own name. Should I have made her take mine? Or do you think that women should be subservient and just do what hubby tells them to do?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Perhaps she should have calmed down a little, instead of bouncing around like a sugar fuelled whining harpie in the houses of parliament?

The only harpie I noticed bouncing around was the Tory bitch behind Dave.

You could see he was embarrassed at his own guffaw a few seconds afterwards. Very unparliamentary of him. No great surprise though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or do you think that women should be subvervient and just do what hubby tells them to do?

Clearly our flaccid prime-minister does. 😐

mrchrispy

who gives a ****.

I’ve got nothing against the guy for being posh or rich, I don’t agree with a lot he is doing but I rather he was in charge that the feckless windbags that make up labour

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

My wife’s kept her own name. Should I have made her take mine?

Well, I’d say that in most relationships, she’d actually want to! maybe you need to MTFU and then she’d be proud to bear your name! 😉

Or do you think that women should be subservient and just do what hubby tells them to do?

Do you think that its acceptable for a woman to assault her husband because he’s said something that offended her, as Ed Balls has suggested would happen in his household?

emsz
    Free Member

Mr Cameron not the only person being a sexist wotsit… 🙄

nothing changes much

Junkyard
    Free Member

yep nothing changes the boys club still patronise women and think they should know their place very sad last century never mind this

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Yeah, absolutley right Junky – I mean, its not like the Tory party have ever given us a woman leader or Prime Minister, unlike the progressive and equality loving Labour Party…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Do you think that its acceptable for a woman to assault her husband because he’s said something that offended her

Yes.

Do you?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

a woman leader

She’s not a proper woman though. But at least she took her husband’s name.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

progressive and equality loving Labour Party…

Indeed, no jobs for the boys there
    and they gave us the all woman shortlist……

Oh. Erm.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Yes.

Do you?

No, I don’t think that domestic violence is an acceptable part of any loving relationship Elfin – woman or man!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not a fan of positive discrimination then flashy? Nah, didn’t think so. You’d probably struggle to understand the concept.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh ok you’re right.

No it’s not acceptable!

Down with this sort of thing!

How terrible.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Mr Cameron not the only person being a sexist wotsit

interestingly the last time he used the phrase was at David Miliband (source R4 PM)

It demonstrates the PM to be the smug, patronising and sexist git we all knew him to be

so an apology won’t really change your mind either

the reality is that half the journo’s are on holiday the other half co-opted onto the Royal Wedding “background” stories, it’s a slow day for news anyway so it’s an easy padder.

If you hold the same views as Harriet Harperson you’ll be disgusted, if you don’t you’ll wonder why he doesn’t SKY+ and FFWD through all the adverts

coffeeking
    Free Member

Clearly a non-story. And since when was telling someone to calm down patronising? And how was it sexist? The term “dear” can be used to anyone male or female, and telling someone to calm down is a perfectly reasonable thing to do if they’re uncalm?

emsz
    Free Member

coffeeking, any-one tells me to calm down dear in *that* sort of voice will get a punch in the goolies. (’cause it would only be a bloke)

It’s patronising, it’s meant to be patronising, and it’s only said by patronising old men.

kimbers

looking at the faces of women on both sides of the house it wasn’t just harman who was pissed off
    while the Tory front bench were gafawwing
    sexism is obviously just as acceptable to the Tory boys as it is with some on here

Junkyard
    Free Member

since when was telling someone to calm down patronising?

patronising
    1. Treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority.

HTH

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Emsz, calm down dear!

*pulls pants down and does the “Woo-Hoo” thing*

(only joking)

Clearly it was said in a tosspot patronising tone. If you can’t see that…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oi, Emsz!

😀

(Puts on cricket box..)

StuE
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPIsTKpAoE4&feature=related[/video]

coffeeking
    Free Member

patronising
    1. Treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority.

HTH

What makes you assume he feels superior? Doesn’t that mean that any act of apparent kindness from someone is patronising if they person they are talking to could be perceived to be inferior in ANY way at all? You talk some twaddle.

coffeeking, any-one tells me to calm down dear in *that* sort of voice will get a punch in the goolies. (’cause it would only be a bloke)

It’s patronising, it’s meant to be patronising, and it’s only said by patronising old men.

Well I disagree, and I’m not even remotely sexist. I think it’s clearly a bunch of whining idiots taking things in the worst possible context because it suits their purpose. If you’re so outraged by this sort of thing that you’d punch someone in the goolies for it (hypothetically or otherwise) I’m surprised you’ve got this far in life without having a breakdown.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You talk some twaddle.

And you’d know!

And oi, Effin, what’s with the cricket box? Softie!! 😀

emsz
    Free Member

I had to go and do the washing up.

LOLing at all the usual suspects.

let it go Coffee king

coffeeking
    Free Member

And you’d know!

Aye, takes great skill to develop my level of twaddle talking!

let it go Coffee king

I was never holding on to anything? Anyway, couldn’t that advice be considered slightly patronising also? Hypocrisy all round eh!

Junkyard
    Free Member

it was an act of kndness as he was concerned for her well being then Oh ffs dont be so daft
    We could debate other examples if you are really confused between patronising and kindness but I think we can safely assume it was a put down of some sort. Certainly the Tory MPs recognised this as demonstrated by their laughter which is not a typical response to an act of kindness
    And you accuse me of talking twaddle 😯 [ I do but not this time]
    EDIT: No you seem to have grasped it well done

I’m surprised you’ve got this far in life without having a breakdown.

[/Quote]

coffeeking
    Free Member

And you accuse me of talking twaddle [ I do but not this time]

I have to take the limelight from you once in a while. I like playing devils advocate – shoot me 🙂

EDIT: No you seem to have grasped it well done

There was no hint of concern there, just a statement of opinion.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

He is a patronising smug twunt.

But it isn’t about his school or his education (two mates who went to the former – and I went to his uni college) – it is about his inability to stop being a slimy unctuous little toad. But he’ll realise this was an own-goal.

Junkyard
    Free Member

shoot me

only out of kindness 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Calm Down Dear’ is closed to new replies.