• This topic has 27 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Call of Duty Stimulus package
  • TenMen
    Free Member

Has anyone managed to download this yet? I can't find an option to get it anywhere in the game or in the marketplace, but the new maps have appeared on the main menu just to tease me…

dmiller
    Free Member

Downloading now for the 360… Hope its good…

chrispy

Apparently they are having issues with it at the moment:
    BBC Story

dmiller
    Free Member

Yeah xbox live has been a bit pish today actually. I thought it was the weather (snow here!)…

I wonder if they are also peer sharing the content from peoples systems? The whole thing of not having any **** servers and hosting it on one of the players systems really pisses me off – I'm paying monthly for it and getting very little… How many times do I have to see "picking a new host" ffs…

However I did make some american kid scream with anger last night as I decided I needed shotgun headshots… he kept screaming at me to use a proper gun (I lost in the end but only by two kills!) 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

Are the maps worth the extra £10? I'm on PS3, so I think I've got to wait an extra month. Apparently there are 3 new maps + plus 2 that have been adapted from older games, the first MW I think.

handyman153
    Free Member

Just downloaded it and had a quick play, they seem all right.

Something that really annoys me though is the people that get games and learn the maps off by heart in the first few hours. It takes me a good couple of days on new maps to get used to the layout (good spots ect) and it makes it almost impossible with the really good people.
    Yes i know i could get better, but wheres the fun in that? 😯

Anyway in answer to your question it is worth £10. There are 3 new levels and 2 that are from MW4, that people liked so much they put them onto this one.

Cheers
    Josh…

TenMen
    Free Member

Can't say I'm overly impressed just yet. The download pack appeared at about 3pm, and I've played for the last few hours, but I don't like the way it forces the type of games you play, and I can't say that the maps that they have chosen from MW1 are my favourites. Moan moan moan…

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Crash was one of my favourite maps off mw1.

Milkie
    Free Member

Is it for download on the PS3 yet? Or are you all on Xbox?

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I seeem to remember that Infinity Ward did the same with CAD4 MW1 buy grouping the new map map together. After a while they became available to play in all formats. Hope it's the same this time.
    From what I was reading last week the PS3 maps are released in about 30 days. Might have changed now though.

Drac

Well I won't be bothering. I paid for the game so shouldn't have to pay fie updates. This is why go back to pc gaming it's rare to have to pay for such things. So I'll be sticking with bad company 2 on the pc.

slowjo
    Free Member

It seems some people are having problems rendering the new maps… I guess they'll fix it soon enough. Typical MS though!

Pi$$ing little American kids off is a sport in itself!

The thing I find limiting on the MW series is that you spend all day running around like a nutter, there's very little scope for tactical play, working in a squad for example. The only chance you seem to have of tactical play is camping and that sucks.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

The maps might be free on pc but you ain't using a 200 quid machine are you?

MW2 update to the update due in a couple of days.

Haze

Drac speaks the sense.

Back in 'the day' map packs were free and content could be modified to play the game how you wanted it to be played.

Consoles have bought paid for DLC and a lack of dedicated servers to the CoD series. It's dead for me.

Bad Company 2's where I'm spending my PC game time now, 'free' DLC (so far!)

8)

jon1973
    Free Member

Isn't the trouble with PC's is that you're not on a level playing field when it come to the speed of peoples machines, so if you haven't got a top notch machine then you end up with lag?

slowjo
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member
    Isn't the trouble with PC's is that you're not on a level playing field when it come to the speed of peoples machines, so if you haven't got a top notch machine then you end up with lag?

That's what I always found hence the move to a console where you are all on a level playing field.

Haze

Lag is a connection issue, isn't (afaik) dependent on hardware specs and therefore affects PC's and consoles alike.

A higher end PC may give you the ability to play at higher resolutions, wider FOV, greater FPS etc, but won't give a crap player a significant advantage over a better one.

If you're system meets the required specs then you're pretty much good to go!

jon1973
    Free Member

Lag is a connection issue, isn't (afaik) dependent on hardware specs and therefore affects PC's and consoles alike.

Of course lag is cause by your connection too, but there is also a much greater lag caused if you have a slow PC. Hardware does definately make a difference, other wise everyone would be play at the speed of the slowest machine.

At least you're much closer to a level playing field on a console.

dmiller
    Free Member

Way back when I used to be very good at PC gaming and at the time you could get system caused lag as the NIC needs a certain amount of CPU time to form / decode packets etc and if your CPU is slammed at 100% by the game this could cause delays. This was back in the days of dual ISDN being the muts nuts and dial up to barrysworld directly. Even now unless you buy a very good NIC (with a TCP offload engine) your CPU is still doing part of the work so you may get lag due to that.

FuzzyWuzzy

Graphics lag isn't much of an issue on PCs IMO, you can always turn down the details (a lot of pro games run at very low res and minimal colour depth in tournaments unless rules dictate otherwise). Latency from the Internet connection is the main issue but presumably that affects consoles as much.
    CoD does set a worrying trend with no dedicated servers, what a jip.

BoardinBob

If you look at the list of games on MW2, you'll see greyed out stars next to the game choices that the new maps will eventually be available on. The two new options at the moment have white stars as they're available straight away.

Haze

I wouldn't argue that hardware doesn't make a difference, just not a significant one – within reason/recommended system requirements.

If a machine barely makes the minimum requirement then it's going to struggle and probably shouldn't be running the game in the first place.

You don't get these issues with consoles fair enough, but where's the fun in that?!

Drac

Hardware does definately make a difference, other wise everyone would be play at the speed of the slowest machine.

Dedicated servers get around this issue another huge benefit.

Yes the upgrade issue can be a problem but then it costs me maybe £300 each time and that lasts about 2-3 years. With the odd the full start over again build every 5-6 years at around £600. So not that bad really, added on top of that it's not just for playing games on.

I love my PS3 think it's great but I go through spells of playing it and always come back to the PC it has such a better variety of games.

Consoles are great though for hop and play.

Haze add Pickl3s to your friends list if you want.

Haze

Added 🙂

sc-xc

jon1973 – Member

The trouble is when I play people better than me 😀

Drac

No request haze it bugs sometimes.

Haze

Yeah I heard, I'll try again later…

.haZe.

Drac

Ta I'll take a look and add you if need be.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Call of Duty Stimulus package’ is closed to new replies.