Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • CaadX cyclocross disk – recommended?
  • Garry_Lager

The tricross is getting a bit rattly, so thinking of going cycle to work on a new cross bike. Triton bikes are doing the caadx 105 disk at under a grand – a worthy purchase?

Any surprises on how this bike sizes up? Don’t know much about road geometry – I’m comfortable on a 56 tricross. Wouldn’t be racing it (well I would like to, but that is a distant dream), more for up hill and down dale easy-ish off road stuff.

GreenRoom
    Free Member

Check out the cube cross race disc for rrp about £1100, it’s a much nicer spec when you look in detail. XT hubs versus cheapo formula with hard to find freehubs, shimano disc calipers, full 105 and cx50 chainset, schwalbe tyres and selle italia saddle. See if you can get a cheeky discount? No way would I buy a one grand bike with those crappy hubs.

For the record I’m no way connected with cube. Just spotted it this week in wheelbase when a mate was looking at the same bike as you.

Cheers

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Nice bike, good price, no brainer IMO.

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I’d highly recommend mine. Size wise, I rode a 54cm tricross a while ago, and now ride a 52cm Caadx but with a longer stem. So roughly similar in size.

The brakes are crap though – the only things which need replacing to make it a truly great bike

benji
    Free Member

Good frame, not the biggest amount of mud clearance, but if you are not racing, shouldn’t be an issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘CaadX cyclocross disk – recommended?’ is closed to new replies.