Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • C2W £1k recommendations please!
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

I’m finally getting paid enough to be eligible for C2W! Wooo!

I want a lightweight rigid 29er for fast commuting and light trail use. Must be able to take 2.0 tyres so if there are any hybrids with wide rear ends…

OR, I want a lt 29er ht.

OR a fatbike!

I’m limited to halfrauds as well but I’ve been assured they can get most bikes (Surly, Diamonback, Spez, Orange, Cube, Lapierre, Charge, Whyte, Kona)

Any suggestions? (No drop handlebars or singlespeeds please!)

Bregante

Edited:

I really should start reading all of the post Before replying!

🙄

Get a Karate Monkey if you can single speed it to work

druidh
    Free Member

Lightweight, rigid and available through Halfords?

motozulu
    Free Member

That 29er looks a real bargain. Shame you are determined to have a 29er – the Boardman HT pro is a superb bike at a grand. I’m gutted my company is’nt signed up the the Halfrauds scheme as that’s the bike I wanted. Going to have to look elsewhere now.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Hmm, I think we should start a C2W swapshop!

I’d go for a singlespeed if it was convertible to geared eventually. I will compromise if the unwanted item is easily disposed of!

Deveron53
    Free Member

Update: I can use the Halfords voucher at ‘other’ stores. Leisure Lakes is a possibility. I wonder if On-One accepts them? Any of my ex-work colleagues on here? (Participants of the great 2010 Rotherham bike-shop exodus!)

acidchunks

on one doesn’t accept them, says so on the website.

2 of my 3 halfords c2w vouchers have been spent in leisure lakes.

if you can do, arrange to pick the bike up from the shop that’s supplying it, not halfords….just in case you have warranty issues further down the line you can prove it was purchased from an authorised retailer.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes it will probably be then!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘C2W £1k recommendations please!’ is closed to new replies.