Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • C2C tyre choices…
  • jsync

Sorry to ask this again but I’d like an opinion on the following selection of tyres for the C2C (Whitehaven to Newcastle).

Bike is a Saracen Hack, so 700C wheels but plenty of room.

Sammy slick

Gravel king

Senso xtreme

XN pro

I’m after something fast rolling but still want to be able to stay the rigght way up if we go on any of the offroad sections. Of the 2 thinner tyres I’d be looking at 28c.

Thanks,

butcher

If you choose any marked ‘alternative’ off-road sections, then you’ll want a CX tyre, like the Sammy Slick at least. The rest is fine, all the railway paths and suchlike. I’ve ridden it all on 25mm slicks. But something like the Vittoria probably looks ideal.

white101

So much of the C2C is being tarmacked round our way you could do it in a pair of slippers. I ride a 20+ mile section 2-3 times a week with kenda small blocks on my Arkose. Between Consett and Sunderland its fairly easy on tyres and legs!

jsync

The XN pro does seem pretty good although I do wonder if it is a bit overkill and the gravel king or senso might be a better otption. I also think the puncture protection is better in the later 2.

I wonder if 5 10 do stealth slippers….

northernmatt

Did it last year on 700C Schwalbe Marathons. I’ve sold the 29er since so this year I’m doing on something a bit fatter.

jonba
    Free Member

I did it on a CX semi slick. Mostly gravel and rock so ok. I ride cx a lot though so could cope with the mud and complete lack of grip for the few miles where the semi slick was not enough.

jsync

Jonba, so are you recommending the XN pro type then?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘C2C tyre choices…’ is closed to new replies.