Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Build the millennium falcon for only £899!
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Do people still do these?
    100 editions at 8.99… :O

jon1973
    Free Member

They’ll probably discontinue it halfway though as well.

CountZero
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member
    wysiwyg
    Free Member

Yowzer!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Way too small.

Space school days…

CountZero

Just had a look at the 32″ scratchbuilt Falcon…
    😯

Dolcered

We just commented on that advert. Utterly bonkers.

FB-ATB

It is full scale, though!

tymbian
    Free Member

….and has a moving ramp..

toppers3933
    Free Member

That school is ace. They claim it’s not that shape on purpose. Well maybe they didn’t mean for it to be that shape. But you can bet the designer did.

dudeofdoom

Mrs DoD also pointed out the price of this…

I just don’t get the point of a model that you have to wait for a week to get a few more pieces to then wait for another week…and sorta repeat….

brooess
    Free Member
    julianwilson
    Free Member

Wysiwyg, collectors market innit. Fwiw you can get one for “only” £750 on ebay atm, and the set retailed for $100 when it came out in the ‘real’ shops years ago.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

The DeAgostini partwork RC spitfire model they knocked out a few years back is, by all accounts, utter crap. Very, very expensive crap.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

My niece works for a magazine distributor and I was asking her whether anyone actually bought these things. She said that they are some of their best sellers. Why they’re popular was a mystery to both of us.

Her Christmas bonus this year was made by exceptional sales of a cake baking title where you got a new cookie cutter or a muffin case each week.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Perhaps the greatest uptake is among people who pay Littlewoods £4 a week for their tele, topup their amenities on a little plastic stick and would never have £100, let alone £800 disposable for a model.

That, or just crazy people.

ninfan
    Free Member

Wait a minute, your maths are all wrong here

the first issue is only £2.99, so it’s ‘build the Millenium Falcon for only £893

Bargain!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Beats the milenium falcon …..

“Build a 3d printer magazine ”

Just saw it advertised on chanel 4 !

DezB
    Free Member

Perhaps the greatest uptake is among people who pay Littlewoods £4 a week for their tele, topup their amenities on a little plastic stick and would never have £100

Ooh, yeah, those scummy working class scumbags. Bet they don’t even wear Rapha or shave with a fancy old fashioned style razor, the scum.

Saccades
    Free Member

My sister loves this kind of thing – she has a ~1K golden hind, some steam train and 40 bazillion bits of rock, plus loads of others that I ran away from inspecting.

I did ask about getting it all finished – there are mainly 3 people at her newsagent that get everything brought in (just for them), plus you can buy copies that you missed.

She loves the magazine of facts (shamelessly robbed from wikipedia 😉 and everything asociated with them.

She knows she is ripped off and is weening herself off them as she started to get a steam train, then dad showed her a steam engine model that he had that you can can buy for half the price (kinda, his is 30 years old and awesome) and is twice as good (although he has ran out of the proper fuel for the boiler)>

Northwind

My mum used to get a thing called medi-quest, it was the ultimate hypochondriac’s guide- every month you got a little magazine with a list of new ailments you could imagine you had, then file away for future reminiscences. “AH, remember that month when we had AIDS?”

Cougar

Out of interest,

Anyone know if these things hold value? I mean, if you built several hundreds of pounds worth of plastic Falcon, are there collectors who want complete models like you’d get with, I don’t know, tea cards or Panini, or are they ostensibly worthless?

Ambrose

I say we all get together to try to find fuel for saccades dad’s train.

Saccades
    Free Member

Hah – found the engine and I’ve found fuel!

[/url]

wwaswas

like you’d get with, I don’t know, tea cards or Panini

It’s all ciabatta these days, can’t shift panini.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Build the millennium falcon for only £899!’ is closed to new replies.