Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Brownbacks Round 4
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Not seen any threads on this yet so here goes….

1. Big thanks to the organisers, marshals and sponsors for putting on yet another great (‘kin hard) race yesterday and series in 2012. Massive pat on back to you all.

2. Hope you get the organisational support required so we see Brownbacks Racing still going next year.

3. Any updates on the guy who got shipped of by the Mountain Rescue early on in the race yesterday?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

bump

MrSparkle

1. Yes, I’d second that.
    2. And that. I’ve just been in contact with ’em to help out for next year.
    3. Didn’t know about that.

As well as the cracking racing one of the things I like about Brownbacks is that you get to meet and have a chat with some really great people. Grass roots racing and down to earth people, can’t do better than that.

PS Papa Laz – I’m looking forward to seeing footage of your interviews… ;0)

mrphil
    Free Member

1. Fantastic race series, realky enjoyed rounds 1,2,3.

2. Will be back for next year, hope to compete the 4 races.

3. That person was me, had a great start to the race bike felt good. Turned the tight corner near the pump track, started to peddle and due to the front wheel hitting a rock the motion threw me over the bars.

Face planted and got the following injuries.. Bruised cheek bone, deep cut in chin, tooth nearly through lip, sprained elbow, 2 bruised knees.

I’d like to say thanks for the swift support from the mountain rescue and brownbacks.

A donation will be sent so they can keep up the fantasic work for when numptys like me fall off.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

thanks for the kind words gentlemen, and glad you’re not too seriously injured mrphil (although that little collection sounds like quite enough!)

we will be working as hard as we can to make sure we take our place in the race calendar next year, because we’re aware of how much you lot think of our little race series and that makes it worth the effort.

thanks to everyone who raced, volunteered (course setup, marshals, timing team) and of course the rossendale MRT lads. and massive thanks to tony lund for his help and support over the years.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Just like to add my thanks to the organisers, it was my first XC race yesterday and I was made to feel welcome – a great atmousphere.

I was doing the last bit of the death climb when those horses trotted past, wreaking havoc on my line. I gave the best ‘FFS’ face I could muster!

mintimperial

Yep, hearty thanks to the organisers from me too. I missed Sunday’s race, but I did the first three in the series this year and had a great time. It would be very sad if there wasn’t a race series next year. 🙁

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

I’ll add my thanks to the organisers and marshals.

Had a great time and met some great people, wouldn’t have been possible without them.
    Didn’t know about mrphil (glad you’re ok) but one of the chaps I was talking to before the race ended up with his big ring in his calf (125, the multiple prize winner!).

Nice to see Mr Sparkle again (have to do something about all those SSers turning up our kid!), glad you liked the ‘tactical queuing’!

I’ve also emailed Brownbacks to offer my services. Only ‘raced’ for the first time this year (the tremendous Hit The North) and I’d highly recommend it to anyone who hasn’t done it before. I’d worried they might be a bit intimidating but I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Gives you a completely different dimension to riding as well. Never pushed so hard as I did on Sunday!

MrSparkle

Yeah I did a fair bit of pushing too, especially up that bloody big hill to the finish! 😉

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Legs went about 10ft from the finish, staggered over like Douglas Bader!

wiznige
    Free Member

great event,first time for me really enjoyed it, we must all make sure this series takes place next year

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Brownbacks Round 4’ is closed to new replies.