Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Brownbacks Lee Quarry race again soon……..who's in?
  • neil853
    Free Member

anybody doing them? we've got the series sponsor Hope again so the pizes are still awesome! Got some of the Vision LED lights this time too!

Looking at some nifty course variations too 😉

cp

yep, I'll certainly be doing one or two. prob first and last as can't make middle one 🙁

peachos
    Free Member

what are the dates? i really fancy it this time around.

twinklydave

Yeah! I'll probably be able to do the 1st one
    can't do the 2nd as it clashes with the 3 peaks.
    might be able to do the 3rd, though it is the week after a 24hr race so I doubt I'd be anything like be uber-fast!

neil853
    Free Member
    neil853
    Free Member

we've got an awesome bacon butty stall as well! bacon butties anyone???? 😀

Harry_the_Spider

neil853 – Member
    we've got an awesome bacon butty stall as well! bacon butties anyone????

Is Rachael (Event Catering Services) doing the catering?

neil853
    Free Member

Not sure on the name tbh, we had a meeting last night to view the menu 😆

Brownbacks
    Free Member

Rachael can't do all three dates (something about pirates down south) so we have gone with the guy who did the STW "Classic Weekender" who can

we'll obviously look at using her and her team in 2010 depending on how things go and what we are doing

the good news is that the marshaling team get a free hot brew/ soup and snack bar, £50 free cash draw and I'm looking at getting some photographic art for those who do all three events as well as the usual end of series draws etc

we also have online entry this time for those who don't do cheques

trio25
    Free Member

No chance of me doing the first one, I will be shattered from a week in wales and all the rest are clashes as well. Such a shame, roll on 2010!

lowey

Racing just doesn't float my boat, but I'll probably pop over and help with the marshalling at a few of em.

ExRoadie
    Free Member

What are different categories for race entry?

neil853
    Free Member

Racer (for fit sport, expert or elite riders), Weekend Warrior (new sponsor!) and Have-a-go-heroes for first time/inexperienced riders. We also have a new category for youth and juniors called lads and lasses.

We are having a look at the quarry this Sunday for course design if anybody has any requests/ideas or wants to come along?

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

MrSparkle

Still having prizes for SS?

terrahawk
    Free Member

can only do the 3rd one (wife's 40th, 3 Peaks) but it's a week after a 12 hour race so I'll not be fast, but maybe faster than Twinklydave 😉

neil853
    Free Member

yes still SS prizes! 😆

MrSparkle

Might have a dabble then for same one as Terra, despite the 12 hr race… I *may* not be quicker than Twinkly Dave.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

get your pre-entries in sonn if you want to get the series discount

http://www.brownbacksracing.co.uk

yes definitely a SS trophy to the fastest singlespeed

course design is coming on and there should be some nice little "surprises" as we work into little used parts of the quarry

Brownbacks
    Free Member

and there is going to be a new winner in the racer cat, Niall Clarke can't make any of the events so the racer cat is wide open

remember £185 of Leisure Lakes vouchers at each race and a pair of Hope SP6XC wheels for the series winner…

get your entries in now to get the discount!

tombell1989
    Free Member

Brownbacks – Think you meant Niall Frost 🙂

Brownbacks
    Free Member

I did, oops. Working too hard

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Neil853 – was I at Glentress with you last Saturday with the rest of the Brownback boys? (its Sos btw)!

neil853
    Free Member

alright SOS! hows things alright? you coming to mabie with us in oct?!

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

YGM

neil853
    Free Member

emailed you SOS

neil853
    Free Member

not long now! can anybody marshal? we are a bit low on numbers for the first event and would really appreciate any help? 😀

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Neil, I think me & Steve are popping down to do a little flag waving!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Brownbacks Lee Quarry race again soon……..who's in?’ is closed to new replies.