Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Brooks Cambrium saddles – anyone used them?
  • beanum

I’m building up a Cotic Escapade and planning some long days in the saddle. I’m tempted by the Brooks Cambrium after reading some positive reviews. I normally use Specialized Body Geometry saddles so I’m used to the pressure on my sit bones but I realise the Brooks works a different way, just wondering if anyone has one and likes it or would recommend against it.
    I’m looking at the C15 with the cut out…

Thanks..

xyeti
    Free Member

I’ve got the C15 without cut out and it’s fine for me, admittedly 6 Hours is a long stint for me which would usually entail 2 good stops, it’s comfy in a different way “for me” softer seats create hot spots and I think it’s the spongey give that creates the sores, that’s just me though and everyone’s Arse is different,

Jenko
    Free Member

I’ve used two: one a brand new demo (my arse was the first to make contact with it) and a nearly new one. I tried the demo saddle on my road bike and found it very comfortable, but it had an annoying squeek emanating from where the rails met at the nose of the saddle. I thought it must have been a one off so sent the saddle back and thought long and hard about whether it was comfy enough to warrant the £. In the end I found a nearly new one going for a song on eBay. It was only a few weeks old, and was also super comfy. But it had the same infuriating squeek – on every single pedal revolution. So I sold it at a profit! I’d love to try one on a long term basis, but have been put off by what I assume is a construction issue.

one_bad_mofo

I tried the demo saddle on my road bike and found it very comfortable, but it had an annoying squeek emanating from where the rails met at the nose of the saddle.

So I’m not alone. I was sent a Cambrium to review for another cycling website and had exactly the same problem.

The seat itself was super comfortable and I immediately forgot I was riding on a new saddle, but for the constant noise. After the first ride, I slathered a load of copper slip around the seat rails where they were clamped under the nose of the saddle. That only stopped the sound for a couple of rides though.

beanum

I’ve read reviews that mentioned the squeek but they seemed to have fixed it with a bit of oil on the rails. I’ve changed saddles on my main bike as one of my Spesh saddles creaks like a cracked frame so I’m quite sensitive to that sort of thing… Hmmm…

kimi
    Free Member

anyone tried the new carbon railed c13 cambium? quite tempted.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Fitted a c13 yesterday, will be doing a 100+ ride on Sunday

thomthumb
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/brooks-cambium-2

I never bought one in the end or demo’d one. Health issues mean i won’t be doing any long rides this year now as planned.

CTBM has demo saddles/ returns policy on them..

kiwijohn

I’ve got the regular C17 & it’s super comfy. I’ve had it on my CX/gravel/everything bike since before the new ones came out. A lot more durable than a leather Brooks.
    Even after 10 hours & 200km, it’s still comfy.
    No squeaks after a filthy gravel century either.

PJ266
    Free Member

Got a C17 on my tourer/commuter and a C15 on my road bike.

No complaints and no squeaks, would recommend.

Speeder

I’ve got one with a hole and commute 1/2hr each way when it’s not raining. I’ve growth accustomed to it and that’s riding without padding so with I’m sure would be fine. It is a rough surface though and I’m not sure what it’d do for the longevity of your shorts.

Might want to angle the front up slightly so you ‘sit into’ it a bit like Brooks saddles of old as I have tended to slide forward onto the narrow bit when I’ve had it flat and that’s NOT comfortable.

beanum

Ah, it’s Cambium but Cambrium. That’s why my search didn’t find anything… 😳

Thanks for the link tomthumb and the other replies… I’m still tempted but now wondering if a C15 will be fine without the cut out as the cut out model is hard to find…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Brooks Cambrium saddles – anyone used them?’ is closed to new replies.