Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Broken S3 screen….easy fix?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Stupidly put my S3 phone on my car roof after a ride today and drove off , it flew off the roof at 55mph and bust the screen. However it still works fine surprisingly just smashed screen . Is it possible to fix it myself?

gordimhor

I have cracked the screen on my s3 some months ago, it’s still working fine. I checked around on the net and it seems the repair involves heating the screen to separate it from the display. Too tricky for me to do myself and cost was about £160 to get a repair shop to do it. Sorry can’t be more help.

clunker

Replaced the screen on my wifes S3, bought the replacement screen from Amazon for £5 included tools, took a couple of hours with a hairdryer. Loads of videos to follow on youtube.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Buy a digitizer and screen. It’s not worth the effort trying to seperate the two and you’ll probably break it in the process. Other than that piece of cake.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Just watched the video it’s way easier than the galaxy s2. Shouldn’t need a digitizer unless you broke that too.

DaveP

Somebody in work used one of the places On eBay for 40 pounds and said it worked a treat

freddyg
    Free Member

DaveP – Member
    Somebody in work used one of the places On eBay for 40 pounds and said it worked a treat

Do you have a link? I’ve just cracked the screen on my three week old S4 😐

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Broken S3 screen….easy fix?’ is closed to new replies.