Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Broken Rib(s)
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Had an off a couple of weeks ago and a subsequent two weeks of pain, immobility and a love affair with Ms. Ibuprofen and Ms. Paracetomol it’s now seeming that I’ve cracked a rib if not two.

If this is is the case, how long before I can look to be back on the bike? For basic road work I would suggest tomorrow but Mrs. C thinks I should give it a couple more weeks. Walking is painful, so running is out. Took my little lad to the pool today and swimming doesn’t seem like a viable option either.

Answers on a forum please.

VassagoJay
    Free Member

I’ve done my ribs 6 times now, last time I was back on the bike within 5 days !! the previous time it was 3 weeks !! You’ll know when your ready 😉

stratobiker
    Free Member

Assuming that you’ve been fairly sensible up to now…….

The ribs will already have joined/formed a union at 10-14 days. You’d be OK doing a little turbo, and you should be OK to go on your bike after 21days, riding within the limits of pain (not on strong painkillers).

You may experience some clicking. C’est normal.

But, if you fall off, you’re a daft fecker who will be fecked. Take it easy.

SB (serial crasher) 🙂

jam-bo

I couldn’t run for months, the jarring motion was really ncomfortable.

Was riding in a couple of weeks and went snowboarding for a week about three weeks later. Had a few painful moments but no chance I was cancelling…

Wally

I crashed last weekend, got the clicking chest, cannot run, but out today, but quite scared of falling again.
    I thought I had just sprained it, but is the clicking a break rubbing?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Broken Rib(s)’ is closed to new replies.