Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Broken Hope O2 – self service or pay!?
  • keppoch

I've got an old Hope O2 brake with a Pro lever, when working it is great, loads of power.

But at the moment it is broken. Not sure what is wrong but when I pull the lever it brakes effectivley but the lever doesn't return (and no the bolts holding the lever on are not too tight), also not sure but the piston may be sticky on one side.

I have all the spare parts (lever rebuild kit, seals, brake fluid, tool) to do it myself but just wondering about getting Hope/a shop to do it to save the diagnosis hassle.

Any idea how much this would cost or if you are the opinion I should not be so lazy and do it myself then what do you think I should do first to solve the problems?

keppoch

cp

according to the service work price list Hope sent me when I recently enquired about my mini's, it's between 40 and 50 quid per brake. for this you get new pistons, pads, seals etc… and the lever gets sorted as well.

However, it only lists brakes as far back as the original mini, not the 02, so I'd email them on service@hopetech.com and they'll reply to you pretty quickly!!

bent_udder
    Free Member

The old O2s and C2s were not massively complicated, and it sounds like they're overdue for a service. If you have the time, and don't mind losing a brake for a bit (assuming you can't fix it) thenI'd suggest having a go and stripping and reassembling it. Otherwise, Hope'll happily service it, I imagine. Give them a call – very friendly bunch of people, and their customer service really is outstanding.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Broken Hope O2 – self service or pay!?’ is closed to new replies.