Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Broadband
  • slowjo
    Free Member

What do you pay for broadband?

I am with BT. ‘Unlimited’ usage. A massive 2mbps download speed! No fibre here. No chance of fibre apparently until 2018 (it keeps getting pushed back – even though all the villages within a half mile radius are on infinity grrrr, but that is another story.)

I seem to be paying a few pennies short of £35 a month. I get the feeling I need to review this.

brassneck

Are you including line rental in that? If so, sounds about right, if not you’re being done 🙂

I’ve been with PlusNet for years now, they own my phone line too (for the 7 calls a year made on it). Bill is normally around the £30 mark, but I get a bit of discount from referrals. I can send you a referral if you like ;-D

They have been excellent though. I get (real) 6Mbps / 448Kbps up on a max possible of 8Mbps and they have worked hard with me when I had a lot of issues (resulting in getting BT to change my star wired main socket to NTE5 for nothing).

Have you tried changing your router? Have a Thomson somewhere that is supposedly very good on noisy lines (bit old so has only 54Mbps WLAN, 100Mbps LAN ports) if you want to try it?

slowjo
    Free Member

£35 is exclusive of line rental, that is another £17 or so on top.

It seems the speed I am getting is the best I can get (I have looked into this extensively). If I don’t get any joy with BT you may certainly send me the referral!

Drac

WTF? You need to give them a call it should be less than that with line rental.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

You’re being diddled. I pay less than that for BT Infinity 2 unlimited broadband and I’m paying “list price”.

woody2000

Is 4G an option?

brassneck

Sent 🙂 – have a read of their packages, I reckon you could save here and worst case it’s a bargaining tool with BT. Bundling the line in seems to be the best overall value, think that’s true with most providers.

Works for me as also no fibre here, I don’t do Sky and whilst probably not the very cheapest they do the job. Customer service pretty good, ticket by website but I had plenty of follow up calls when my action was required, and they handled OpenReach to get the socket work done – I just nominated a time & date in my ticket and got confirmation a day or so later.

slowjo
    Free Member

@woody2000 I am lucky if I get 3g outside the house. Ironically, if I ride into the middle of the forest down the road, there is a clearing where I can get 4g!

the-muffin-man

I pay TalkTalk (yes I know!) £35 per month for broadband, line rental, TV box, evening and weekend calls. We get about 6mb download.

So yes you are being done!

martinhutch

That’s terrible!

There are so many deals around at the moment – get yourself switched.

slowjo
    Free Member

Sounds like a job for lunchtime!

jb72
    Free Member

TalkTalk – £26/mth (for 12 months then £36/mth for 6 months) includes line rental, anytime calls, unlimited broadband, TV. Get 16mb download so can’t see any point going to fibre!

thecaptain
    Free Member

I was wondering about this. Our plusnet is up to 32 quid now that the cheap introduction has run out. But this also covers the line rental, it’s unlimited use FTTC with about 16mbps. It’s also been completely solid and fault-free since installation (though getting it set up was a bit crap). Seems like I’ve got nothing to complain about!

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Comes out at about 30 quid all in. Broadband (fibre) and telephone.

Only paying for the slowest speed (10/10) but rarely see less than about 15/15. Can upgrade to 100/10 for an extra 3 quid a month, or 100/100 for 9……

Won’t be going 1000/100, that’s 80 quid.

gonzy
    Free Member

you’re getting done over OP.

i pay Sky £36 for my fibre bundle and that includes the line rental…gives me download and upload speeds of 76Mbps…without fibre uploading and downloading takes decades!!

duffmiver
    Free Member

£16.99 unlimited BB and line rental.

simon_g

£32.99 for unlimited 76Mb down, 19Mb up including line rental via Plusnet. No complaints really.

brassneck

£16.99 unlimited BB and line rental.

Where? Sounds like a limited offer price that.

duffmiver
    Free Member

plusnet. First years BB free so you’re just paying for the line rental. I’ll swap after that. THey’re giving me £50 cashback too.

tetchypete
    Free Member

I’ve just signed up for unlimited broadband with SSE (yes, the leccy and Gas people) for the grand total of £12.99 a month including line rental, fixed for 2 years

unovolo
    Free Member

£21.49 a month Inc line rental for normal BB with Xilo.
    It’s a rolling 1 month contract so can change whenever I want really.
    Not that near the exchange but still get on average 6mb down/1mb up.

rossburton
    Free Member

I pay £35 quid a month but expense it and the ISP is A&A so they’re worth (my employers) every penny as their reliability and support is second to none. If I didn’t rely on a solid internet for work, I’d switch straight away.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Broadband’ is closed to new replies.