Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Brittany – great innit?
  • RustySpanner

Just back from a cracking week.

Always been further north, east, or way down south, but glad we tried the Celtic bit.

Airbnb in Santec, lovely place and a great base for exploring.

Green route along the coast east past St Pol and west all the way along the pointy bit to Brest.

You can get 14 bottles of cider from the small brewery outside Roscoff into a pair of Ortliebs and a bar bag, fact fans.

We went to an onion festival.

The bloke who runs the bike shop in St Pol is even more miserable than Chris Paulson.

The beaches are unreal.

There’s no one there.

Back soon.

philxx1975
    Free Member

I for a second figured you had spelled Britney wrong….sighs

jakd95
    Free Member

Got back last Friday from near Vannes, the weather was beautiful for the whole two weeks. A great place, more for the cross bike than the mountain bike though!

ton

did 2 weeks touring in may. is is near perfect for cycle touring.

molgrips
    Free Member

My parents lived there for a bit, plus we’d been there before. I always found it crushingly dull. France has the Alps, the Med, the Massif Centrale, so damp wet Cornwall with better bread and no pasties never really appealed.

RustySpanner

🙂

It never really appealed to us either.
    But it’s by far the most chilled and relaxed bit of France we’ve been to.

molgrips
    Free Member

Have you ever been to Languedoc? That’s so chilled people barely move.

ton

cycle touring the the alps is pure misery, hills take hours, far too busy and mega expensive campsite prices.

cycle touring on the med is taking you life in some sportscar driving idiots hands, and campsites are again mega expensive.

central massif is very nice, if a bit too hilly, but is also very very wet most of the year.

brittany is lovelly, ace wild swimming, ace beaches, ace sea food, traffic free lanes and pretty cheap eating out.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We’ve stayed near Pontivy. Lovely area but not exactly bursting with classic touristy stuff to do. Luckily the place we stayed had a pool and a fishing lake so suited us down to the ground. Was about an hour from Vannes though which is a great place for a mooch about. Bought some great coffee cups from a really nice coffee shop there.

Riding distance of the place we stayed was Lac Du Guerledan which had some proper purpose built trails in the woods around it. Didn’t get a chance to check them out but we’ll be returning to the area and I’ll definitely be going riding…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Try the Morbihan, spectacular.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Brittany – great innit?’ is closed to new replies.