Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 145 total)
  • BrantFanbois! ASSEMBLE!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stif Morf

Looks fun!

RoterStern
    Free Member

WTF is that toilet roll holder doing there on the chain stay? 😯

Rorschach
    Free Member

Puny Brant

fudge9202
    Free Member

At £500 for a frame that looks nothing special I’d rather have a Stanton!

wwaswas

I liked the chain stays 🙂

ton

looks like a yellow blue pig.

wish someone would make a ‘that green’ 456 29er.

legend
    Free Member

**** me that’s ugly

Northwind

Maybe it’s just the top pic that’s getting me but it’s a bit funky looking. Has similiar gawky out of proportion looks to my Ragley. If it rides like my Ragley did, then all will be forgiven though

allthepies
    Free Member

Driveside chainstay is a bit marmite innit.

rOcKeTdOg

Think of all the things u can carry in the chainstay holes. I like it, but then it looks a lot like my ragley

ratherbeintobago

At least it’s not as odd as a Troof.

steve_b77
    Free Member

What on earth is a custom 4130 chromoly tube set?

More bloody dropped chainstay gopingness and WTF is going on with the double tube joint thingy on the drive side, detail for details sake?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Liking it for much of the same Ragley reasons as above.

jekkyl

Can I mount a front derailleur?
    The Morf has been designed to run a 1x (single ring) drive-chain.

bit of a gamble, lots and lots of people like to run one than one ring upfront. Priced at the same level as the Soul but doesn’t do as much!

Northwind

Oh.

“What brake mount does the Morf use?
    The Morf has an IS brake mount.”

Not in any of the pictures it doesn’t.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Aimed at a totally different market from the soul.

AlexSimon

Lots of good hartails around at the mo.
    Same price as the Cotic and Pace. Dearer than the Bird
    I guess it’s all about if the angles suit.

jimmy

Because the blue pig has Morfed?

MSP

What on earth is a custom 4130 chromoly tube set?

With he downturn in Chinese construction industry they had some spare scaffolding poles and needed to find an outlet for them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Like required

milky1980
    Free Member

I like the look of it, especially in ‘Meteorite’ colour! Would be an option to use it as a winter bike and transfer the kit from my baby FS to it 😀

Bit worried that the FAQ says it has an IS disc mount but the pics show a Post-Mount 😕

Northwind

Yeah, just spotted that too. Well it wouldn’t be a proper brantbike if the spec was all correct, would it?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like they’ve got the same guy who did the documentation for Ragely working for them too.

thv3
    Free Member

+1 Not keen, and seems pointless.

kayak23

Nice that. Like the 12 bore thingy.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

500 notes for a gas pipe frame? Really?!

sq225917
    Free Member

I like it, and I like the chainstay, short, 2.4″ and a 36 ring, that’s well thought out.

milky1980
    Free Member

Depends on how it rides. Looks like I’ll be between sizes according to the chart but going from my other bikes the small should be plenty roomy even with a 35mm stem so once I’m up and running fully again in a few weeks I’ll get a test ride arranged.

ahwiles
    Free Member

I like it, but with a 480mm seat-tube on the large, I’ll have to leave it to the midgets amongst you.

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Rather a BTR tbf.

My take on the 12 bore chainstay bridge where you store your shotgun cartridges for when you get angry at the bike’s characteristics and want rid!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Priced at the same level as the Soul but doesn’t do as much!

Does the Soul make you breakfast the morning after or am I missing something. It is just a bike isn’t it?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

It’s nice that they let an 11 year old do the graphics. Grey one looks alright yellow is a minger in large I’m guessing

brakes
    Free Member

I quite like it. But the price tag looks a bit on the steep side, but it does have a lot of features.
    Only visual issue is the messy cables on the downtube because of the kink at the top of the seat tube.
    Maybe at that price point you could have interal routing?

Euro
    Free Member

Some nice touches on that but alas, too small for me also.

Good cop bad cop time…Like the seat stays but that logo thing is really poor. Would look bad on a Tesco special never mind a £500 frame.

coogan
    Free Member

Ugly and wonky looking. Next.

Speeder

I quite like it. The details make sense , I like the 12 bore bit – it’s quite a clever way of getting around the chainset and still get a decent weld junction though I hope the holes are through or it’ll just fill up with muck. The drop stays, I assume are designed to lessen the chain clatter as most of the stay sits centrally between the 2 chain runs and gives it the most clearance for flappage.

I do think even the short may be too long for me by about an inch and I’m not super short at 5’8″.

Oh and whoever is the marketing guy over there at Stif, pictures sell stuff and this gate –

Is selling nothing (to me anyway) Where are the smalls (shorts)?

(Edit) Oh yeah, does it weigh nothing or am I just being blind?

plus-one

Looks plain weird .. I love it 🙂

milfordvet
    Free Member

I like the yellow. Graphics not so much, but its just a bike.

Its got a longer frame to enable a shorter stem, that I understand gives better handling.

The top tube being ovalised is sophisticated for steel, and the seat stays have alot going on with the changes in tube diameter and profile.

Indifferent on the chainstay but its likely an effective engineering solution.

Its steel, Brant’s Sonder Transmitter is aluminium and £300 and has boost spec for bigger tyres. Be interesting to ride both. The morph is a fraction longer/ shorter stem.

AlasdairMc

Isn’t the chainstay just a lighter way of putting in a plate chainstay instead of putting in a pig-iron girder?

I can’t see a benefit in the complexity, and extra holes anywhere on a bike just means another place for mud…

Northwind

I came pretty close to saying “Are those tubes really a good way to make a chainstay”. DOWN WITH TUBES.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 145 total)

The topic ‘BrantFanbois! ASSEMBLE!’ is closed to new replies.