Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Brake squealing, wont lock up, pads change doesn't help
  • cheers_drive

As per the title really, I’ve cleaned the rotors with IPA, sanded the pads, changed the pads, tried to bed them in (not easy when you live in the Fens), and have done a bleed but nothing improves them much. After bedding in and they’re hot they work a little but are still noisy and are back to not working again when I next try them.

Deore 615 if it helps.

cjr61

I don’t know much about pads but changed mine to some Superstar Kevlar types and found the squeaking went. Might be lucky but perhaps worth looking at compunds.

Cheers

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Faulty I bet. Had this with a couple of sets off deores. The square o ring seal was damaged from new which resulted in a very fine atomised mist of oil being squirted under pressure all over my nice new discs and pads. Was such a tiny amount that it was impossible to notice….

Lbs sent me new caliper and after I installed and re bled problem went away.

cheers_drive

Should have said that have had SS kevlar and EBC organic pads with same result.
    Could be that doncorleoni, out of warranty but they are cheap I suppose.

Kamakazie

Same issue with the road callipers as well. My Ultegras had that problem. 3 sets of pads (courtesy of the shop) and a warranty replacement later and no further issues thankfully.

Is the rotor contaminated again after 1 ride? Suggests it’s the same problem.

cheers_drive

Changing the caliper appears to have sorted the problem; no squeal and can skid like a kid 😛

jambalaya
    Free Member

Always good to know something worked, add to the knowledge bank

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Brake squealing, wont lock up, pads change doesn't help’ is closed to new replies.