Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • BPW virgin…going soon
  • rascal
    Free Member

Saw a vid on their site yesterday and thought ‘I’ll fkn kill myself on that!’ – not sure what it was but there were no visible chicken runs.
    As a competent rider but no air-bandit trail rider, what should I def do and def avoid? Drops maybe a couple of feet and def no gap jumps are where I’m comfortable with 😳

I love the blue at Stiniog, and liked most of FOD which tells you a lot – prefer flow rather than tech.

Any pointers? Thanks

Simon

Stick to the blues and reds and you’ll have a great time.

scc999

Blues and Reds. Generally any qualifying features are worse than the rest of the trail and you can inspect them before you ride them.
    Wouldn’t bother with Rim Dinger but that’s personal preference!

Enjoy yourself!

rossburton
    Free Member

Start with the blues are they’re still damn good fun, and the reds are split into tech and flow on the trail map. 🙂

ajantom

I’m no Danny Hart and I found all the trails there totally fine.
    Start off with blues, see how the Reds take you, and if you’re feeling on it try a couple of blacks.
    You’re more likely to spanner yourself on the blues due to speed.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I did 2 days over Easter (my first time too). Absolutely loved it. I’m probably the same as you, competent, but jumping is a bit iffy.

I did all the Blues and Reds and found them to be really fun. You can just increase your speed the more you do them.

I did end up on one of the Blacks by accident and survived a blind drop over some rocks, was a bit hairy though 🙂

jekkyl

The straps go on your grips, not your handlebars.

votchy
    Free Member

Blues and flowy reds are more than enough for most competent riders in my view, as said above the blues can get quite scary when you carry a lot of speed. Have a great time it’s brilliant. And remember what jekkyl said about the straps 😀

tonyg2003

My 14yrs old (first time at BPW) was fine on the blues all day today and I think could have done a red or two.

ChrisL

One of the lower blacks, Deep Navigation, isn’t too bad. I kept away from the others though.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Oh and don’t walk up any of the trails…

dannyh
    Free Member

Take a jar so you can scoop up what’s left of Rowan Sorrell’s trails and hand them to him after you’ve shredded the living piss out of them.

I’m just sour that I can’t go with you lot……. 🙁

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Don’t forget your towel for the mini bus seats…..they get awfully dirty

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

genesiscore502011 – Member
    Don’t forget your towel for the mini bus seats…..they get awfully dirty

And air freshener. I find a quick spritz really makes the uplift bearable.

mechanicaldope

Kiss your hand strength goodbye. Literally couldn’t grip the bars by the end of my final run down when I went. Amazing fun.

rascal
    Free Member

Feel free to enlighten me on the ‘straps’ 😉

Dan – I was surprised you aren’t going…at least it’s a ‘can’t’ rather than ‘don’t want to’!

I’ll start on the blues and see where I end up – hopefully not Merthyr Shitfyl General.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’ll start on the blues and see where I end up

Dancing the night away on the sticky floor of The Vulcan. You’ll bloody well love it!

Have a whole heap of fun!

gasser
    Free Member

My 10 year old was fine on all the blues starting at the main head last Saturday when it was grim and wet, could probably tackle 1 or 2 of the reds next time, but all in good time.

tenfoot

When we went we were advised to start on Sixtapod, hopping onto Locomotion near the bottom, as a starting point.

takisawa2

Sixapod into Willy Waver probably my favourites.The reds are ok, enjoyed Hot Stepper.

The seat behind the seat by the opening window gets a lovely breeze.
    Take a 2ltr bottle of water up on your first run & leave it in the shelter at the top, or by the uplift queue.
    If there’s a group share out a trail kit & ride without a pack. It’s like riding naked. 🙂

We are there on Sat, 17th. Looking forward to it.

rickonwheels
    Free Member

The straps go on your grips, not your handlebars.

I’ve only been once, and getting my bike on the trailer correctly was the only thing I really felt intimidated by. I’ve forgotten already…

ceepers

First time yesterday. It’s ace!

Really enjoyed vicious valley into surfin bird then bushwacker as a run down.

Couple of observations. Most of the trails are a lot more “built” than most other trail centres – big sculpted berms and tabletops.

The flow trails are well laid out, the blues especially you barely need to touch your brakes if you’re prepared to commit enough.

If you ride even the easier trails at any kind of pace you’ll spend a fair bit of time with your wheels off the ground. Although it’s all rollable, if you ride fast there’s plenty of airtime whether you are Looking for it or not.

Riding downhill is more tiring than you think!

zilog6128

Take a 2ltr bottle of water up on your first run & leave it in the shelter at the top

😳 sorry, I assumed that was the communal piss bottle!!

takisawa2

And there was me thinking I’d added Lime cordial.

CheesybeanZ

I waited far too before going – its chuffin ace .
    Blues and reds are all easily doable . I really liked rim dinger but wouldn’t bother with a470 again .

nickc

love the blue at Stiniog,

then you’ll have heaps of fun and do fine on both the reds and blues at BPW

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Plenty of reds and blues to keep you busy for a day, Sixtapod (blue) followed by Willy Waver (blue) would be a good starting point

I’m also not a fan of Rim Dinger (red), probably best to stay away from A470 (red) if you want to keep your wheels on the ground

If you do get tempted up to a black, Dai Hard is probably the easiest off the top, Enter the Dragon the hardest

rascal
    Free Member

Sounds great – can’t wait!

thomthumb
    Free Member

def no gap jumps are where I’m comfortable with

popty ping is a brilliant jump trainer. no gaps all flow.

SICK

retro83
    Free Member

When I went we spent most of the day riding the blues. Great fun and you could push pretty hard without too much risk.

thomthumb – Member
    def no gap jumps are where I’m comfortable with
    popty ping is a brilliant jump trainer. no gaps all flow.

SICK

Is that the red that’s just table table table table table table ? Did enjoy whatever that one was

zilog6128

No, that’s A470. Popty Ping is the “lite” (blue) version

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘BPW virgin…going soon’ is closed to new replies.