Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bourdon-type pressure gauges? Non U.S sellers?
  • MussEd
    Free Member

After a low pressure gauge to keep tabs on 29×3 tyres…I’d rather avoid digital and I’ve seen Accu-gauge presta gauges on US bike sites/US eBay but I’m looking for them in EU/UK, anyone know any sellers?

shaggy

Nothing useful to add, but I have an Accu-gauge that I got from (the other) Chain Reaction. I’d recommend it. Interested to see if anyone has an answer. It might also be worth posting over on UK Fat Bikes,

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I remember reading about someone trying trials motorcycle pressure gauges. If you Google it you’ll find a few 0-15psi gauges on ebay and Amazon. Never tried it so can’t vouch for any particular model.

househusband

I worked, albeit some twenty years ago, for a company that made bourdon tube gauges; they are at their most accurate in the middle third of their range so you want your ideal pressure in the middle or so – and I share your preference for analogue over digital!

I’ve got two, both Longacre rubberised with an extension hose, in the garage; 0-15psi for the fat bike and 0-60psi for the car. Weren’t cheap if I recall, both from UK on eBay.

MussEd
    Free Member

That’ll do it HH! thanks all…

***EDIT*** Actually will they work with presta valves?

househusband

Actually will they work with presta valves?

That might be an issue. You can get adapters.

I’ll report back after giving it a whirl as I *think* I have an adapter… somewhere!

househusband

Yes, mine do work with one of the adapters I have; the longer adapter doesn’t allow the Schraeder fitting at the end of the gauge’s hose to depress the Presta valve and release any air to actuate the gauge.

The one that does work looks like this one.

MussEd
    Free Member

Thanks HH only just seen this…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bourdon-type pressure gauges? Non U.S sellers?’ is closed to new replies.