Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • BOS Servicing: JTech or Mad elk?
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Has anyone used both? I know Mad Elk use genuine BOS parts, whereas Jtech use SKF seals and Fox parts, apparently, but has anyone used both and noticed a difference?

Mad Elk are a little more expensive.

mildred

Jungle are now the official importer. I’ve heard they’ve invested heavily in the service side of things so I would speak to them first.

batman11
    Free Member

Grant at south coast suspension is worth a call.
    He’s the ks seat post official centre for the uk so deals with jungle all the time so probably uses original parts.
    http://www.southcoastsuspension.co.uk

LoCo
    Free Member

Honestly don’t think you’d be able to tell the difference between BOS & SKF seals, some parts are worth upgrading inside the forks too to make them more reliable.
    We also do BOS Devilles & ViPrs BTW 😉

julians
    Free Member

Loco – do you service the BOS Kirk shock as well?

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi not yet, on the list to be sorted soon 😀

honourablegeorge

LoCo – Member
    Honestly don’t think you’d be able to tell the difference between BOS & SKF seals, some parts are worth upgrading inside the forks too to make them more reliable.

Curious – what’s worth upgrading inside?

I just did an oil change on a mate’s set, after two years, the grease udner the seals was still white, barely a hint of dirt in there – the damper oil was opaque, but again clean. Was very impressed.

About to do my own, they’re older than his, but have been flawless too. I think we both got good sets – other than manufacturing issues, I reckon open bath forks are hard to beat on that score.

LoCo
    Free Member

Circlip

honourablegeorge

Right. No problems there, as far as I can tell.

One Q – should open up the air spring and pop a few drops of float fluid or something in there to keep it lubed, or is that necessary? DO I need to undo the circlip at the bottom of that stanchion to do that?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Hi Loco, any update on servicing Kirks?

jamj1974

J-Tech is a brilliant outfit. James is a great guy who services and tunes excellently. I can recommend wholeheartedly for Bos, Fox and X-Fusion.

kawato
    Free Member

@honourablegeorge: Its defo worth sticking a little bit of oil in the air chamber, just enough to lubricate the ‘piston’? as it tarvels up and down the shaft on compression. I did this yesterday and the fork was so much more responsive – even though it was already super plush. I put in some 5w oil i had lying around, probably enough just to go mid way up the piston.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘BOS Servicing: JTech or Mad elk?’ is closed to new replies.