Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Boris Johnson his idiocy knows no bounds?
  • kimbers

so lets get this traight
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/oct/05/boris-london-air-quality
    he scraps the low emission stage 3
    hes gonna halve the size of the c-charge zone
    he kept all his city boy chums happy by opposing red kens plan to up the c-charge 25quid a day for big engined cars(-i know my citigroup working mate with the 911 turbo voted for boris purely on the basis of this)

and the he says oh no london is full of pollutants and the EU is gonna fine us (not to mention the damage to public health)

and heres the best bit he wants the UK government to pay to clean up londons mess

Hairychested
    Free Member

The traffic volume within the CC zone is back to what it was like before its implementation, so scrapping it makes sense to me.
    And Ken was a boring old fart, unlike Boris.

geoffj

and Boris rides a bike (even if it is a Marin 😯 )

peteimpreza

"The traffic volume within the CC zone is back to what it was like before its implementation, so scrapping it makes sense to me."

Surely that's an argument to increase the levy?

Hairychested
    Free Member

No, it only means that unless you charge, say, £100 per day it won't make any difference. Why? Because the tube is awful, you can't change at certain times from one line to another (Picadilly to Northern Line), trains stink, stations are dirty and tickets expensive.
    We pay council taxes, road tax, all sorts of other taxes, we should be ale to commute as we want or need.

porterclough
    Free Member

Remember folks, if you disagree with someone it must be because they are idiots, it's the singletrack way 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ken was a boring old fart, unlike Boris.

Yep, I expect the Mayor of London to be clown who keeps me entertained on a regular basis.
    Not some boring old fart who gets on with the job. So well done Boris.

BTW, am I the only one who's noticed that Boris's hair isn't quite as funny as it used to be ? 😕

kimbers

johnsons primary roll is to keep his school chums and their heirs at various hedge funds around the city in a good lifestyle hes jetted over to brussles several times to plead/ demand that they not be regulated despite their role in the financial collapse

he fought to close the western extension and stop taxing of landrovers, porches, bentleys and all the other big polluters because those people who live in kensington and chelsea are his friends (i cycle thru it ever day) and the price the rest of us pay is increased rates of cancer, asthma, noise pollution, smog etc etc

go boris

kimbers

Why? Because the tube is awful, you can't change at certain times from one line to another (Picadilly to Northern Line), trains stink, stations are dirty and tickets expensive.
    We pay council taxes, road tax, all sorts of other taxes, we should be ale to commute as we want or need.

there is another way to travel around london

its called a bicycle it got 2 wheels its quicker than tube or bus makes you healthier and its fun the government even does this scheme called cycle to work……

thegreatape
    Free Member

BTW, am I the only one who's noticed that Boris's hair isn't quite as funny as it used to be ?

No.

Mrs Johnson must have got some new bowls.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

still think london is the best place in the world

(honest the north isn't laughing at you all the time – we all have to sleep you know!)

Anyway if I had the choice i'd vote for boris better than them damm commie b*gg*rs

djglover
    Free Member

Hillarious paxman interview on Newsnight

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Hillarious paxman interview on Newsnight

Why ? What happened ?

………. did Jeremy Paxman make a fool of himself again ?

He's a smart operator that Boris Johnson ….. I'm telling you.

coffeeking
    Free Member

its called a bicycle it got 2 wheels its quicker than tube or bus makes you healthier and its fun the government even does this scheme called cycle to work……

Wasnt there a recent study that concluded that cycle commuting in that there London was equivelent to smoking 40 a day (in CO intake)

kimbers

Wasnt there a recent study that concluded that cycle commuting in that there London was equivelent to smoking 40 a day (in CO intake)
    i can only find this….

http://www.candycranks.com/archives/2401

or this

Using a portable breath carbon monoxide analyser, breath carbon monoxide (CO) of non-smoking police motorcyclists in central London was found to be consistently elevated in comparison to non-smoking pedestrians. Although the highest levels were found among smokers, some of the non-smoking policemen had similar levels to their smoking colleagues. The highest levels among non-smoking police personnel were found in a group of car mechanics working in a partially enclosed garage. Among the non-smoking police motorcyclists the highest levels were seen on the day with the highest maximum average hourly ambient CO, the lowest wind speed and the highest air temperature. We conclude that occupational exposure to exhaust fumes leads to elevated levels of breath CO.

and this study showed that driving in a car actualy exposes you to more pollutants as the air intakes are at exhuast level
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez and search "pollution patrol car"

griffin
    Free Member

Sounds hugely unlikely. Here's a study that concluded the particle mass concentration in tube trains was almost 10 times higher than those measured by London cyclists
    http://tinyurl.com/ycu45gc

Junkyard
    Free Member

We pay council taxes, road tax, all sorts of other taxes, we should be ale to commute as we want or need

Unfortunately the way the majority chosses invlolves large amounts of pollutants. Unless you force change on people they will just drive their cars till they either run out of oil or die in the smog (the slow average speed seems to have little effect).

El-bent
    Free Member

he fought to close the western extension and stop taxing of landrovers, porches, bentleys and all the other big polluters because those people who live in kensington and chelsea are his friends

They were going to tax Porches? 😯 😉

Simple solution, ban cars from the centre of London.

corroded
    Free Member

Yup classic Johnson v Paxman interview.

soobalias
    Free Member

he fought to close the western extension and stop taxing of landrovers, porches, bentleys and all the other big polluters because those people who live in kensington and chelsea are his friends

probably best not to mention the reduction of charge that would have been applicable to people within the WE eh?

samuri
    Free Member

Anything happening in London makes me laugh. Yes, I know as a provincial northern monkey I'm paying tax to provide cockneys with their gold lined streets but to be honest, every time I go down there to sort out boris's money making CCTV or his get his wireless working, I piss myself laughing at all the people walking around in their own self imposed hell while convincing themselves it's the best place on earth. It's worth the extra tax I'm charged.

And best of all, at the end of the day I can get on a train and go home.

ransos
    Free Member

The traffic volume within the CC zone is back to what it was like before its implementation, so scrapping it makes sense to me.

Commuting overall has increased, but traffic congestion has stayed the same.

So no, scrapping it doesn't make sense.

El-bent
    Free Member

And best of all, at the end of the day I can get on a train and go home.

Tis a shame that a lot more of your northern monkey types who have moved down here don't do the same, they're making the place extra miserable. 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yup classic Johnson v Paxman interview.

So Boris got the upper hand again !! ………… he's a boy our Boris, innee…I really don't know why Paxman bothers

Northwind

He's a gigantic knobber, but he has his moments… Today was a good day. "Right everyone", says David Cameron, "Don't talk about Europe, hopefully nobody will notice." "Righto" says Boris, steps on stage and says "EUUUURRRRRROOOOPPPPPPPPPPE!". We salute you.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I piss myself laughing at all the people walking around in their own self imposed hell while convincing themselves it's the best place on earth

😀

… couldn't 've put it better myself!

duntmatter
    Free Member

From this thread it seems like the miserable ones are the northerners up north, and the cockernees in London. I'm a happy carless northerner in London's Fashionable That London. So there.

hora
    Free Member

Compared to that Yoda-looking idiots Boris comes across as a bloody good choice (and that is saying something).

aP
    Free Member

I always find it depressing when so called cyclists start moaning about paying road tax and having rights to use their car.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Boris may be a bit of a toff etc etc etc, but London's certainly a better place without Ken's constant petty whinging, subsidising and do-goodering.

The capital city should be a place for wealthy, smart, civilised people who contribute positively to the economy – if you're on hand-outs it doesn't make sense to live in possibly the most expensive part of the country – why not shift the doleys and scroungers somewhere that's cheaper for them to live (and cheaper for us to pay their rents and taxes for them).

allthepies
    Free Member

like up North ? 😆

uplink
    Free Member

I always find it depressing when so called cyclists start moaning about paying road tax and having rights to use their car

why?

hora
    Free Member

Anyone remember Ken's Cronies? Good bye Ken. The protest vote against Labour was silly with hindsight wasnt it.

Does anyone still have that clip where Boris almost came a cropper with the speeding truck? YIKES!

crazy-legs

Boris' speech at the Conservative Party Conference was mildly amusing. But other than that I can't stand the guy.

hora
    Free Member

Seen the new Private Eye front cover? 😆

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/covers.php?showme=1246&

nbt

I pay all those too, can I have the tube where I live please? I've lived in That London and while I wouldn;t ever go back, londoners whinging about how bad the tube is really get my goat, try living in one of the major metropolitan conurbations where there's no integrated transport system and you'll see just how bloody good london has it

DrJ

The capital city should be a place for wealthy, smart, civilised people who contribute positively to the economy

Good idea – and they can clean up after themselves, teach each others kids, drive each other round in buses, look after each other in hospital, serve each other at Fortnum and Mason's checkout.

Oh, hang on a minute …

Politics = showbusiness for ugly people. Boris epitomises that 😉

hora
    Free Member

Politics = showbusiness for ugly people.

Looking at some of the pre-campaign local and national election group-shots in the past I tend to agree!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Sounds hugely unlikely. Here's a study that concluded the particle mass concentration in tube trains was almost 10 times higher than those measured by London cyclists

I can't find the article now, I'll look tonight. But It was either 20 a day or 40 a day. Particle mass concentration would be high, its massively dusty down in the tube – you can tell that just by blowing your nose when you leave – it's grim!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Boris Johnson his idiocy knows no bounds?’ is closed to new replies.